New 375 H&H Mag.

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Why? Who the heck knows with me anymore! God knows I do not need it with all the Big Bore Bees in the stable. Anyway she is getting Warne steel bases and rings and a Meopta optima 5 2x10x42mm PA.
Stock will be redone and Sako extractor installed soon. Never been a fan of the Rem 700 extractors. Too flimsy for me. Them Wyoming prairie dogs will charge you know!

kkdvYYY.jpg

bncXqQu.jpg

Very nice Fotis!
Does it have a 24" barrel?
StaBall 6.5 is excellent in the 375 H&H. 81.0 grs with a 260 gr AB or E-Tip will get you where you want to be.
Congratulations buddy.

JD338

Yes 24 " BDL. What velocity are you getting with Staball 6.5

I am not a Remington guy per se, but they made some great rifles and from what I see, their new ones are quite good as well. I am betting that 375 will be darned good. You keeping the standard trigger?

I had an all-weather Ruger 77 Hawkeye in 338 Wm that I took to Montana that I all most sent to J.E.S. to have it rebored to 375 H&H till I figured out why it wasn't shooting.

Nice find Fotis. If it doesn't shoot in the factory stock get a H&S Precision stock with the full metal bedding block to hold it down, that's what made the Ruger shoot since the 338Wm had so much torque it was trying to twist out of the stock.

Last edited:
If I can get her to shoot like yours Guy I will be happy.

Back