New 6.5 120 "Brown Tip" Ballistic Tip?

preacher

Handloader
Aug 19, 2012
I saw these advertised on www.cheaperthandirt.com and was wondering if (a) Nosler has just made a fresh run of the "long awaited for 120BT" or (b) these are 'seconds" ( why the tip change in color I wonder if they are NOT seconds?) Anyone have a clue?

I have some in the cabinet that I purchased a while back for my daughter's 260 and they are brown.

Thanks guys...admittedly I am "a little bit" color blind on some shades, absolutely cannot tell the diff between black and navy blue! ha I really liked the 120BT in that 6.5/284, it was exceptional. I may skip the 100's and start out with the 120's in the coming 8" twist barrel. What do you fast twist 6.5 users think?

I made the decision...I'll come back tot he 100s when/if I want to try them later. For now, I went ahead and ordered some to start out with. I pushed them right at 3200 in that 6.5/284 in strong, necked down .284 Winchester cases. I kept it sighted just +1 inch high @100 and just held spot on at everything out to 300 yds! Sure, it was a bit low there but the antelope couldn't tell it! ha It also worked swell on a 40yd coyote w/o tearing up the hide a lot, though I don't skin those filthy things. I just take a picture and sling it over into the sage! Out here, the fleas can carry plague...and Preachers should avoid the plague "like the Plague" ( get it?) ha Happy Easter!

I'm getting 2900 out of my 6.5x55 with the 140gr BT's. One of the most accurate bullets out of this gun.

The 130AB does appeal to me, I just have to start with the Barnes for a "stout" bullet...which I like even for hard angle shots at deer, as much as for elk and big hogs. But I am "open" for some heavier weights too.

Back