New 7mm Rem Mag Bergara

Shot it for accuracy at 100 yards, 150 grain bullets at nearly 3200 fps. Adequate I'd say.. ;)

PUcI3uQh.jpg

And Fotis was kind enough to sell us a very slightly used 4.5-14x, 30mm tube Leupold. Very nice!

OZibQmPh.jpg

Guy

Fired this group with my old scope on there. 150 gr bullets at nearly 3200 fps and great accuracy!

Great group....unfortunately Hodgdon announced the end of the IMR Enduron line...so no more 8133.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great group....unfortunately Hodgdon announced the end of the IMR Enduron line...so no more 8133.
I know.. :( I've got enough 7mm Rem Mag loaded for my son and I both, for this season and likely next season, and one more unopened can of IMR 8133. Sigh...

Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I know.. :( I've got enough 7mm Rem Mag loaded for my son and I both, for this season and likely next season, and one more unopened can of IMR 8133. Sigh...

Guy
Don't despair...keep your eyes open for some H1000. It's all I use in my 7mm mag from 140gr up to 180gr...

Loaded for a lot of 7mm magnums over the years. Never found a recipe with H1000 that was better than with something else.

Guy
Guy. You can find Ramshot Magnum fairly easy. It is every bit as stable as H1000. (See youtube video, shot with frozen and heated up rounds) Works great in my 6.5 RPM Bee and 378 Bee. I have picked up like 10 lbs along the way.

0v160vr.jpg

lrfKPBk.jpg

I agree to look at the Hornady 162 SST bullet. For over 15 years I've loaded a lot of different combinations of powders and bullets for my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm WSM and both guns shoot the 162 SST the best. MagPro in the Rem Mag and Magnum in the WSM.

I have a Bergara B14 Ridge in 6.5 PRC and like everyone else has said, they make a really accurate rifle. I've started loading the 143 grain ELD-X and 129 InterBonds with RL-25 and RL-26 and all shoot better than I can. Since we may never see Reloder on the shelf again, I'm going to try something different.

Guy, I'm glad to hear your boy chose the 7mm Remington Magnum, especially in a Bergara. If I could only own one rifle, it would be a 7mm Remington Magnum.

Yup- that there is an "adequate" 300 yard gopher gun....some guys get all the luck ;). Great loading and marksmanship. CL

I agree to look at the Hornady 162 SST bullet. For over 15 years I've loaded a lot of different combinations of powders and bullets for my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm WSM and both guns shoot the 162 SST the best. MagPro in the Rem Mag and Magnum in the WSM.

I have a Bergara B14 Ridge in 6.5 PRC and like everyone else has said, they make a really accurate rifle. I've started loading the 143 grain ELD-X and 129 InterBonds with RL-25 and RL-26 and all shoot better than I can. Since we may never see Reloder on the shelf again, I'm going to try something different.

Guy, I'm glad to hear your boy chose the 7mm Remington Magnum, especially in a Bergara. If I could only own one rifle, it would be a 7mm Remington Magnum.
Welcome to the forum. Glad you here.

JD338

Back