New Glass for .356 Win

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
I removed my old Zeiss Conquest scope from one of my Model 94s, exchanging it for a VX7 in 1-6 X 24. It looks pretty sharp. I'll wring it out in a week or so. I have a VX7 (2.5-10 X 45) on my 300 WSM, and I truly like the scope. I believe this one will serve me just as well. This was the rifle I used a couple of years back to take a grizzly. It balances well again with this scope. Perhaps I'll get another draw in the next year or so.

356WinVX71-6X241.jpg

356WinVX71-6X242.jpg

356WinVX71-6X243.jpg

Looks very sharp Mike. I like it. That is an excellent power range too. Scotty

The price was right. It is shorter and lighter than the Conquest, which is a bonus for me.

That one looks nice too DrMike. If you ever want to hunt coastal grizzly in the fall I know a great place to do it close to home here, although your 9.3x62 may be a bit better choice loaded with a 286 gr Partition.

Thanks, Gerry. The rifle balances well and carries easily. As I said, this rifle has accounted for several elk, a number of black bear, quite a few mule deer and one fine grizzly. It works quite well. You are correct that I will want to carry my 9.3 X 64 for my next grizzly hunt, though I wouldn't feel too undergunned with my 35 Whelen once I get it dialed in. However, I do believe this .356 will deliver the goods at reasonable ranges.

Thank you for the compliment, CsC. I've had a B&L 2-7, two Leupold 2-8, two Conquest 1.1-4.5s, a Vortex 1-6 PST and a Kahles 1.1-4.4 mounted on these Model 94s. All have worked well. The Leupolds and the B&L fit better than the others, but I kept picking up glass for them at various times when I found it at a good price. However, I'm quite pleased with this VX7. It will likely stay perched where it is for quite a while.

That is a good looking rifle Mike :) The glass on top should never let you down.

Blessings,
Dan

I believe it will do, Dan. This has been a great rifle. I've now had three in this cartridge, and it works quite well for the game in this area.

Thanks, Long. Hopefully, I'll post a report of how it works shortly.

Back