NEW Leupold VX R

Well crap, it looks like it's battery powered, a NO-NO in Idaho while hunting big game, don't know about yotes and such.

Richracer1":qxtbkyde said:
Well crap, it looks like it's battery powered, a NO-NO in Idaho while hunting big game, don't know about yotes and such.
One would think that with the technology available today that batteries would no longer be required in a scope!! Love the idea of lighted reticles from Leupold but hate the ancient technology.

Scott Spencer":2xjfs73g said:
Richracer1":2xjfs73g said:
One would think that with the technology available today that batteries would no longer be required in a scope!! Love the idea of lighted reticles from Leupold but hate the ancient technology.

It called Trijicon. :grin:

JD338

Oh I know about Trijicon......I was just hoping good old Leup would understand that battery powered isn't the way to try to get into the lighted reticle game. :grin:

I will be getting one! Now where do I find 30mm rings for my Sako finnwolf? Good luck!

I am thinking about one too. This would be a great scope for hunting coyotes. My understanding is that it is a VX-II grade of glass with the Multicoat 4 lens system. Pretty good glass. :wink:

JD338

I am thinking 2x7 with the duplex for all around. Wish they were 1" tubes.

"Our Proprietary Motion Sensor Technology (MST) activates the FireDot reticle whenever the rifle is moved."

Now that's something new. I wonder how this system will hold up.

I wonder how one turns the illuminating feature completely off.

POP":2yg89sh2 said:
I wonder how one turns the illuminating feature completely off.

Pulling the battery should do it.

Or just let me play with it. If it's electronic I can break it.

Leupold said you can click on/off. Turning the knob will increase illumination. Turns to standby automatically until rifle is moved (in on mode only)

Well, heck! Now I'm kinda thinking about one of these. I would think a 3-9 or 4-12x40 on a .243 sporter (and AI'd) might be the ticket for songdogs. Of course, I need to pick up the 4.5-14x40 (for my Hawkeye Creedmoor) that I ordered from my tackle pimp first.

Back