New Lever Action Rifle in 41 Rem Mag

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
While searching online this weekend, I learned that Henry has made the Steel Big Boy in 41 Rem Mag.

Looking into its availability here in Canada.

May turn out to be easier, and less expensive than getting a Marlin from gunbroker.com and importing it into Canada.

Got my fingers crossed!

That would be a cool rifle and chambering.
I'm pulling for you.

JD338

If I had known the truth about the 41 mag before I got into 44's, well I'd own a 41 lever and 41 Redhawk. I hope you get one.

Just looked it up in the catalog. 850 MSRP. Might have to get one to go with my .41 Blackhawk!

Blkram":39fac6l7 said:
While searching online this weekend, I learned that Henry has made the Steel Big Boy in 41 Rem Mag.

Looking into its availability here in Canada.

May turn out to be easier, and less expensive than getting a Marlin from gunbroker.com and importing it into Canada.

Got my fingers crossed!

Dibs on when you move it out :lol: been coveting a 41 lever gun for while now.

I just saw this topic. I see it is a few days old but had to jump in. I got the Henry .41 about a month ago. I was about ready to pay big bucks for the Marlin when the Henry came out. There is a spot on their web site asking if you are having trouble locating a gun. It worked for me. I posted my problem and had a gun being prepared to send to me through my dealer before the day was out. I love my new rifle. I have not slugged it for bore size yet. My SBH .41 has a very tight bore and chambers so I shoot .410 lead in it. My Smith 56 and Tarus Tracker take .411. I had planed on trying the Speer 220 gr jacketed SWC in the Henry only to find they had just discontinued them. I may stick with Hornady XTP for hunting and Berry's for plinking.

Army,

Thanks for the tip!

Will be using the Winchester 240 gr Platinum Tip load and the HSM 230 gr cast Bear Loads in it, and would like to try loading 240-265 gr cast bullets in it.

They tell me the rifles should be in Canada by the end of the month. Still have my fingers crossed!

Gil, I am glad you have been able to find that big bore :wink:. I am looking forward to the photos and of course a range report or 2.

Blessings,
Dan

I had a little Marlin 1894 in .41 mag, several years ago. If I still lived in SE Texas, I would have kept it. Here in Utah, I still favor the 1894CB carbine in 45 Colt....just for sentimental reasons. That 41 mag in a carbine is "just right" for woodlot whitetails/hogs...heck, would work on close elk too! Glad you found a rifle you like! A church member of mine has a Henry in 44 mag and I was "impressed" with how that thing shot!! Great little rifles!

Back