New Production Model 70 Super Grades

SJB358":2uliws1e said:
I am just biased a little towards Model 70's... Can't help it, it's Mike fault.. :grin:
I too share that bias.
If the Nosler turns my head it will be hard to forsake Winchester.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

There used to be a number of rifle manufacturers who built a well crafted, well designed and functionally accurate bolt action rifle products which were marketed here in the US and some were even produced here.

We are in this country in the Renaissance of American manufacturing excellence. Hopefully some of this excellence will extend into the design and manufacturing of firearms within the near to medium future of this renaissance.

American workers have always had the ability to establish centers of excellence for manufacturing hard goods better and more efficiently than any other country. We are better at overall manufacturing efficiency, cost control, quality, plus meeting manufacturing standards and cost of quality targets than any other country in the world.

One can only hope that this manufacturing excellence will be applied to the still vibrant and creative gun manufacturing culture which still is alive and doing well in this country. There is no reason why products which were invented here can not be made here again cost effectively with high quality and performance built to the best manufacturing technology metrics possible. Made in America can again become a sign of pride in manufacturing.

I have a Sako 85 that I wouldn't trade for anything, a Blaser R8 with a few barrels that is extremely well engineered and made. It is refined, feels right shoots well and is a great system but cost more than a high dollar call girl. I have only one Winchester M70, a new Safari model in .375H&H. Something I've come to realize is that she is well balanced, smooth action, good trigger and has a classic look.....like a real rifle should and doesn't cost a fortune. While not fancy she consistently delivers the goods making her dependable. Sort of reminds me of a good American farm girl. She is pretty but not pretentious, works hard and can deliver the goods while she feels wonderful in your hands.

But I guess it is just a matter of what floats your boat. For me I plan on floating with another Winchester 70 soon, it's just a matter of what cartridge. A 30-06 or a 300WM, perhaps a 325WSM :?: :mrgreen:

Oldtrader3":33l8wxuv said:
There used to be a number of rifle manufacturers who built a well crafted, well designed and functionally accurate bolt action rifle products which were marketed here in the US and some were even produced here.

We are in this country in the Renaissance of American manufacturing excellence. Hopefully some of this excellence will extend into the design and manufacturing of firearms within the near to medium future of this renaissance.

American workers have always had the ability to establish centers of excellence for manufacturing hard goods better and more efficiently than any other country. We are better at overall manufacturing efficiency, cost control, quality, plus meeting manufacturing standards and cost of quality targets than any other country in the world.

One can only hope that this manufacturing excellence will be applied to the still vibrant and creative gun manufacturing culture which still is alive and doing well in this country. There is no reason why products which were invented here can not be made here again cost effectively with high quality and performance built to the best manufacturing technology metrics possible. Made in America can again become a sign of pride in manufacturing.
Very well said Charlie.

Dchamp, I'd lean towards the 325 but then I'm somewhat of an Elmer Keith fan.
If you like to shoot long on game, beyond 600 Yards, then I'd look at the 300 but not unless I routinely shoot beyond that.

Vince
dchamp":33l8wxuv said:
I have a Sako 85 that I wouldn't trade for anything, a Blaser R8 with a few barrels that is extremely well engineered and made. It is refined, feels right shoots well and is a great system but cost more than a high dollar call girl. I have only one Winchester M70, a new Safari model in .375H&H. Something I've come to realize is that she is well balanced, smooth action, good trigger and has a classic look.....like a real rifle should and doesn't cost a fortune. While not fancy she consistently delivers the goods making her dependable. Sort of reminds me of a good American farm girl. She is pretty but not pretentious, works hard and can deliver the goods while she feels wonderful in your hands.

But I guess it is just a matter of what floats your boat. For me I plan on floating with another Winchester 70 soon, it's just a matter of what cartridge. A 30-06 or a 300WM, perhaps a 325WSM :?: :mrgreen:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I've posted pics of it on here before, I have a 2012 SuperGrade in 264WM with superb wood on it.

It's shot very well, although my last time to the range it wasn't how I wanted it. I have to rework the load, however. It's chrono'ing faster than I think is appropriate, so it's time to back the load down a tad.

But I'm very well pleased with the rifle. It's a looker and a shooter.

If anyone is looking for a new SG 7-08 I know where one is and she's pretty I'm scared she could follow me home.

Back