New Remington rifles

no that was wrong . Grice gave him the wrong info . it is an 8 twist
I kinda figured as much Jim.. Although a M700 7 Rem with an 8 twist should be able to be loaded danged near anything the PRC can do. It'd make a quick rechamber to 7 Mashburn Super as well..

I kinda figured as much Jim.. Although a M700 7 Rem with an 8 twist should be able to be loaded danged near anything the PRC can do. It'd make a quick rechamber to 7 Mashburn Super as well..
I think he has cooled off on the 7 PRC . when I told him it should be an 8 twist ,we got to talking .he said he was running some numbers and decided it won't do much his 7mm rem mag won't do .

I think he has cooled off on the 7 PRC . when I told him it should be an 8 twist ,we got to talking .he said he was running some numbers and decided it won't do much his 7mm rem mag won't do .
I would agree. The PRC has the one thing going for it, great ammo right from the box into a well fitted chamber. They stand a great chance of shooting well right from the get go.

We see other companies like Sako and Tikka that use 1:11 twist for their .308 caliber barrels. If you're a fan of heavy bullets this can be an issue.

Back