New Remington rifles

Only because someone else owns them. Unless 1 is throating a 223 the faster twist is a waste or the longer throat gives them 556 capabilities?

that's what we were saying it should have a faster twist than 10 . he said , I think it's browning will have an 8 twist and he will wait for one of the Brownings . I'll have to tell him to double check with Grice gun shop on that twist , it doesn't add up . you're right Remington has 8 twist in the online specs . the 7mmPRC only shows up under the long range rifle , so it's not like they had a different model . I also checked all the 7mm rem mags . they all show an 8 twist .

thanks for pointing this out to me , I'll be sure to let him know .

Just think if Remington put a 1-8 twist in a 6mm Remington with a medium length action at about 3.00" inches of magazine length. A person wouldn't need the 6mm Creedmoor, 243, or any of the rest of the lot.
That would be awesome! What it should have been all along!
May the 244rem last forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be awesome! What it should have been all along!
If nothing else, the medium action.

The first time I loaded up my 6mm Rem I couldn't believe how short I had to make it to fit in the action of the rifle.
There is way too much potential that is displaced by having the bullet seat in so far.

If nothing else, the medium action.

The first time I loaded up my 6mm Rem I couldn't believe how short I had to make it to fit in the action of the rifle.
There is way too much potential that is displaced by having the bullet seat in so far.
True. I loved my Ruger #1 Liberty model in 6mm rem. I could seat the bullets way out there.

Weird that the SPS-V in .223 is 8", but the .22-250 is still 14". The latter punched to to an Ackley chamber is kinda something I've wasted for a while.

That is just plain dumb...if in fact it is accurate.
I don't believe that is accurate. Can't be...

Now, the fast twist on the others is great news.. 8 Twist on the 7mm Rem Mag really runs closely with the PRC.. That I find very interesting.

I don't believe that is accurate. Can't be...

Now, the fast twist on the others is great news.. 8 Twist on the 7mm Rem Mag really runs closely with the PRC.. That I find very interesting.

no that was wrong . Grice gave him the wrong info . it is an 8 twist

Back