New Scope

critterskinner

Beginner
Sep 21, 2009
I am looking to buy a new scope (LEU66590 Leupold Scope VX-3 6.5-20x50mm (30mm) Side Focus Target Silver Fine Duplex). I have checked prices everywhere and the cheapest I can find is Bruno Shooter's Supply. They are not an authorized Leupold dealer, does it make any difference? They are almost $100 cheaper than anywhere else.

Authorized dealers are to hold the MSRP or they can lose their franchise.
Just make sure that you are dealing with a reputable source, there have been some Chinese counterfeits out in the market.

JD338

There are some good websites on how to spot the fakes....just check it when you receive it...most of the people passing fakes will not give an actual product number, and almost all are black, not silver. In addition, the price us usually 1/2 what it would be from a reputable dealer, not $100 less...and normally it's from someone you've never heard of before....

I've been shopping too.ecrater.com has the best prices i have seen so far.SWFA ha s a 110% price guarentee.I got the 66715 on order,counting the days.

something you may want to consider is oredering directly from leupold and then you know you have exactly what you want!

I plan on doing this as I want a vx3 4.5-14 but I want either a heavy duplex or a #4 and those are not production

Been where you are. In the end I swallowed my pride and ignored my scruples and went with Cabela's. Those crazy fools send me a couple coupons a year and they even "gave" me 10% off for using there plastic..... :roll: got about 90 bucks off if you count the 50 dollar gift card CL

I got the scope after about three weeks. It is a real one. Just took a while to get it. Would buy from them again.

Glad to hear it.

How do you like it??

I have the same exact scope on my 338 EDGE. Its performed flawlessly over the last couple years. Tracks and returns to zero everytime. Super crisp, clear and bright all the way up to 20x. If I could afford it, id have another one or two.

Weather is no good here in Texas. As soon as it gets better I will let you know. I have some reloads waiting.

Looking forward to your range report with the new Leupold scope.
What did you mount the scope on?

JD338

Finally got to shoot. The scope is mounted on a Remington Model 700 LSS Magnum in .257WBY Mag. I only shot about 20 rounds through it. It was shooting about .75 inch groups. Still in the process of breaking it in. I think it is going to be a good one.

Back