New solid base bonded bullets

BretN

Handloader
Jan 22, 2015
Finally had time to sit down and read my new Nosler 8 manual and saw the new bonded solid base bullets. Looks like really stout bullets. I would only ever get them through the shooter's pro shop as blems, based on their cost. But they look fantastic.

Has anyone seen or tried the .30 cal 168 gr bullet? Not the most aerodynamic bullet, but for those of us that never take or even get oppertunites at animals over 300 yards that probably doesn't matter. Anxious to start seeing bullet test results on them.

They look good!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,769
I see on the bullet test board the .224's are doing really well, 4-5 jugs when tested. Nosler is also claiming a higher weight retention than a Partition or AccuBond with this bullet.

The 168 gr BSB should bring new meaning to the 308 Win, especially in the AR platform.

JD338

I've seen pictures of the 168 BSB for about 2 years now. but I think it's a lot like sasquatch nobody's really seen one in real life yet!

JD338":2hx783m9 said:
The 168 gr BSB should bring new meaning to the 308 Win, especially in the AR platform.

JD338

Or driven really fast out of a big 300 :evil:

I'd try them if I caught them as 2nds...

It is the Oryx that they have been providing Norma for their ammo in different weights. One of the top terminal performance bullets ever made.

Looks a lot like the Trophy bonded Bear claws

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,670
They look like just what I would want. Good looking bullet that should stand up to a lot of punishment.

FOTIS":6f9da2uk said:
Looks a lot like the Trophy bonded Bear claws

I agree Fotis, looks like a truly awesome BG hunting bullet.

It's not the Oryx though. I've ran a few of those suckers into jugs and they will roll over right onto themselves.

Look like great bullets. I've run some of the 224s and like them. They did great in the jugs.
Think if we lobby a little :grin: they might make some 264s, 284s and 338s? 366s would be cool too.

Dwh7271":n6182j1h said:
Look like great bullets. I've run some of the 224s and like them. They did great in the jugs.
Think if we lobby a little :grin: they might make some 264s, 284s and 338s? 366s would be cool too.

Ummmmmm, you forgot one.... .358 :lol:

Dwh7271":s0tdaxvq said:
No got 358 :lol:

No 358s? That's almost sacrilegious! No home is complete without a .358 of one sort or another. :grin:

That's an easy fix Dewey... You must have a couple 338's that wanna sit at the big kids table :grin:

That's why I have the 9.3 :lol: :lol:

No 358s? That's almost sacrilegious! No home is complete without a .358 of one sort or another. :grin:

Doc, I got it bracketed with 338s and 9.3. :grin:

They would certainly be the perfect bullet here in Wisconsin where about 90% of the deer are shot under 50 yards... and plastic tips make lousy brush busters...lol.
Theyd also be great meat savers since most of our hunters can no longer kill a deer with a 30-30 and need a 300 wsm or bigger for that sub 50 yard shot lol.

Dwh7271":1690jtrj said:
That's an easy fix Dewey... You must have a couple 338's that wanna sit at the big kids table :grin:

That's why I have the 9.3 :lol: :lol:

Doc, I got it bracketed with 338s and 9.3. :grin:

So, what your trying to say Dewey is the 35 Whelen is the 280 of the medium bores, with the 338 being the 270 and the 9.3 being the 30-06.... Man, I know you love those two a bunch... :lol:

Arrrrgh. Ambushed.
Yep, my two favs there. :grin:
Not being in possession of a suitably glib reply, my 338 Whelen and I shall retreat. :lol: :lol:

I can get the .224 bonded bullet to shoot surprisingly small groups out of a custom .223 bolt rifle using CFE223. In my AR they don't seem to do much better then 1 moa but I'm going to try that combo on some pigs next week. Head shots should be interesting.

Back