New stock on my 300 rum

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
Finally 4years after getting it I am almost done with my 300 rum

I bought a 4-16 nikin monarch on close out a few months back

Then I bought a bell and Carlson Alaskan ful bedding block stock a few weeks back and it showed up on Tuesday.

So while I was at it I went ahead and installed the timney trigger I had bought quite some time ago.

One thing theatre all caught my eye regarding the stock was it had the speed bumps at the front of the forend. Do most people wind up leaving them in or wil I wind up removing them over time?

And as soon as I can snap a good picture I will post it looks good I hope it shoots half as good as it looks

Nice. That sounds like an awesome set up. Should be mountain thunder once your all thru with it.

For me regardless if it's wood or synthetic I remove any bumps as to free float the barrel.

I would shoot the stock with the speed bumps at first. If it shoots well, I leave them, if just okay groups, I will remove them.

Oldtrader3":m32owujq said:
I shoot the stock with the speed bumps at first. If it shoots well, I leave them, if just okay groups, I will remove them.

I have to string along with this. Just shoot it and see what you get. If by "speed bumps" you mean the well known pressure points usually found on Remington 700s that Bullet and I are so fond of then they will probably be a good thing but you'll have to shoot to tell the tale. Good luck.

Yep, shoot as-is, then do a temporary float-job with a slice of business card just in front of the recoil lug and try that out.

Back