New Weatherby Vanguard 375 H&H Mag!

van_s2_syn_375h-h.jpg

Wow, a quality $800 .375 H&H... Nice!

I think the Model 70 .375's are going for around $1200.

Guy

Guy Miner":1a7hzc8p said:
Wow, a quality $800 .375 H&H... Nice!

I think the Model 70 .375's are going for around $1200.

Guy

Guy, that is MSRP as you know!

I BET you by the end of this year you will be able to buy one for UNDER $700!!!!!!

Likely... I don't need, or want ANOTHER .375 though! :shock:

BTW, if anyone here has ever wondered about the utility of a .375 H&H or similar for hunting North America.

They're fun and useful. Not too tough on the shoulder. I've got a pair of the silly things, silly because I'm pretty much a mule deer hunter, and have NO NEED for the .375, but it's a GREAT cartridge.

Surprisingly accurate. Surprisingly easy on the shoulder. Reasonably flat trajectory, similar to the .30-06 or .308 Win. Lots of thump. Mild loads still churn up 4,000 FPE if you're into energy numbers.

I've popped a couple of bears now, and have been suitably impressed. Would think that although not necessary, it would be a dandy moose or elk rifle too - and then the hunter would be well practiced with it, when the time comes for that big African or Alaskan hunt... (y)

Regards, Guy

I'm wondering if a stainless version is in the works?

I've had a Vanguard and a couple of Howas... just very well executed rifles and they all shot great. Thinking that would make a great moose gun....on the big side, but overkill still winds up in the freezer!

I'm trying to figure out a way to justify a rifle in .375 Ouch & Ouch. Does anybody know of any documented cases of hunters being eaten by hogs? A really GOOD article would have my wife telling me I cannot go to the lease with anything smaller than the .375, so someone help me out.
:mrgreen:

The hunters who were eaten by hogs never lived to tell their stories, because they were not armed with .375's... :mrgreen:

Think that will work?

I was able to convince my wife that I needed a 444 Marlin because I was surprised by a good sized hog and my 30-30 was probably not enough[emoji41]
Worth a try!

Thomas

I just pulled a nifty moose tag.

I might just give one of these a whirl!

I would be all all over this if I did not own all my bees!

G'Day Fella's,

Mmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!
Everybody needs at least 1 x .375!
I was planning on getting a Kimber Caprivi (in .375 H&H) when I could afford it but...........?

Doh!
Homer

Thomas would your wife know the difference between the 444 & the 375 Hurt& Hurt :wink:. I know that my wife would not. Just kidding my friend. lol

Blessings,
Dan

Back