Nikon Monarch UCC

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
I have had this scope on my 280 for 9 years now and really enjoy it its clear has good eye relief tracks awesome and has withstood a pounding. It's just too bad they don't make it anymore. Mine is a 3.3-10X44. The only things that I dislike about it on my rifle is I can't quite bring it close enough to get a complete scope picture when I have the rifle pulled in all the way. This is more of a rifle issue than a scope issue since it is mounted on a M77. The other thing is the adjustable objective wish it was mounted on the side so you could finely adjust it with the rifle shouldered. The only other thing is that the rubber eye protector has came off. All in all I really like the scope and wish they still made them as at $500 I think they are on even terms with a VX-3. The feature I like the best on it is the adjustment turrets. They are stiff but very solid with an audible click that you can positively feel and very well numbered so there are no doubts on the adjustments that you have made.

I always heard good things about the Monarchs. Seems like that one has given you some serious service too.

Back