Nikon??

Joken

Beginner
Apr 21, 2008
All my scopes except one (Kahles) are Leupold. I like to buy american ,but a Nikon Buckmasters 3x9x40 NIB for $159. Anyone have opinions on this scope? Thanks, Ken

Not bad for the bucks!.......But the better scope would be in the Nikon Primos or the Monarch. I have a Monarch 2.5-8x28 EER UCC scout scope which is on par with the 4200 and my VX3!

IMO, the Buckmaster is equivolant to the Leupy VX-I series, but just a few bucks cheaper. I recently bought one to put on a rifle I'm giving to my uncle. I also have one on my 243.

IMO the buckmaster is closer to the VX-II and the Monarch is in a class of it's own. Both are excellent IMO. I have a 4.5-14 buckmaster on my 243 a-bolt and the monarch 5.5-16 on my CZ 204.

I have two Buckmasters and they are very fine scopes for the dollar spent. You get a lot more for your money than most major scope companies that are competing in the class of the Buckmaster.

I ran a 4.5-14x40mm Nikon Buckmaster mildot on my 416 WBY for long shots. I had it on there for 3 years with Zero problems. Here is a goat taken at 452 yards. That speaks volumes.

whitetail425yds.jpg

Joken- Check out Natchez online for their refurbished buckmaster sale. I just received an e-mail announcement this evening.
3-9x40 Buckmaster
Matte Finish
Refurbished
Reg. $199.95
Sale $129.95

and other powers...

POP, those long shots on goats with that 416 has always impressed me, I think that is so cool. I hope I get a chance at one with my .375Wby one day.

Yep, very cool, very high tech bullets with great BC and that was impressive speeds for a 330gr bullet. Yes indeed some impressive ballistics out of that load for sure.

thats a deal you can't refuse The Nikon Buckmasters scope are every bit as good as the VX II. I have 2 4.5x14 and two 3x9 and never a problem.

I don't like to buy refurbished scopes. The last one a Monarch was a bust, I had to send it back, it did not work from the beginning. Now that was the only one I have experienced but for me what ever I buy in a scope from now on will be new-in-the-box.

I have a 3 x 9 x 40 buckmaster on my muzzleloader and I love it. It is really clear and the adjustments are true. I think the buckmasters line are great scopes and a real bargain in a market where there are few.

Been my experience when you start seeing a scope manufacture selling "refurbished" scopes it is best to avoid that scope manufacture.

I bought the 3x9 team Primos with the BDC reticle. Looks like it has a clearer and sharper image than my VX11. The Leupold is a few years old so maybe it is not a fair comparison. Oh, SWFA for $199 smokin deal. Thanks to all Ken

Back