Norma vs Lapua?

Norma is very uniform brass... better than Lapua. With that said however, Lapua will last longer

I use a fair amount of either Norma or Lapua; I like them both. I would be hard-pressed to say that one is "better" than the other.

???. I have used both and they both are excellent. I must say that Lapua takes a licking and keeps on ticking though!

The little bit that I have used of both I would have to say flip a coin as they are both top notch.

Blessings,
Dan

Lapua takes care of the flashholes better than Norma does from the brass I have used of both brands. One of these days the US companies will wake up and learn from them.

Never used Norma, but I use nothing but Lapua for .308 win and it's great stuff. I have one set of 98 pieces on their 9th loading. It's really tough stuff.

I have some Lapua magnum pistol cases which take a licking and keep going, load after load.

So would it be worth necking up 260 Rem. or down .308 Win. Lapua brass to make 7mm-08 or just buy the Norma brass? If so which way neck up or down?

Maybe you guys in Idaho have a source for Norma brass? We surely do not and no supplier has it that I am aware of. If you have Lapua or can get it, it should be fine necking to 7mm-08. I neck Norma and Hornady Match .308 up to .338 Federal (.020 dia) without a hitch. I have fired some of these .338 Federal cases (5) times and they are still good to go.

Oldtrader3":3b6nk0ke said:
Maybe you guys in Idaho have a source for Norma brass? We surely do not and no supplier has it that I am aware of. If you have Lapua or can get it, it should be fine necking to 7mm-08. I neck Norma and Hornady Match .308 up to .338 Federal (.020 dia) without a hitch. I have fired some of these .338 Federal cases (5) times and they are still good to go.
I can get Norma 7mm-08 Rem. brass, but not Lapua in either 260 Rem. or 308 Win. I just wondered if it would be worth waiting to get the Lapua brass?

longrangehunter":7zitwwgx said:
Oldtrader3":7zitwwgx said:
I can get Norma 7mm-08 Rem. brass, but not Lapua in either 260 Rem. or 308 Win. I just wondered if it would be worth waiting to get the Lapua brass?

Lapua is the toughest brass you will come across, it will last a very,very,very long time.

If your going to run that 6 br at max or even a bit more get the lapua brass, norma brass does not handle over pressure as well as lapua. Both are better than anything out there but the lapua is more tolerant. I use lapua in everything i own sans the 300 win.

Back