nosler 120gr bt

ken s

Beginner
Oct 13, 2004
Is this a flat base bullet or a boattail or a semi bt. I know dumb Q. but have crs. someone please hep me out. thanks.
ken s :oops:

rick smith said:
120gr BT(boat tail). Rick.[/quote

i think in this case the bt stands ballistic tip not boat tail or am i wrong.

ken s :?

Think all the ballistic tips are boat tails. If this is the 7mm, I have used it in a 7mmBR to take many whitetails.Rick.

rick smith":3owltekr said:
Think all the ballistic tips are boat tails. If this is the 7mm, I have used it in a 7mmBR to take many whitetails.Rick.

thought so but was not sure. thanks
ken s :)

ken s":261qmox6 said:
Is this a flat base bullet or a boattail or a semi bt. I know dumb Q. but have crs. someone please hep me out. thanks.
ken s :oops:

Actually, I believe all the Nosler bullets are sort of a semi-boat tail. None of them has as pronounced a boat tail as a Sierra or Speer boat tail, yet none of the Noslers (aside from their handgun bullets) are what I would call flat based. I don't think Nolser has made classic flat based bullets since maybe the Zipedo, and maybe that wasn't even a true flat based bullet. (Before my time) Maybe one of the Nosler guys can clarify.

Actually, I believe all the Nosler bullets are sort of a semi-boat tail. None of them has as pronounced a boat tail as a Sierra or Speer boat tail, yet none of the Noslers (aside from their handgun bullets) are what I would call flat based

I don`t know, but what do you call the Partition and CT Fail Safes bases? Look kinda flat based to me........
All Ballistic Tips are boat tail. The term simply refers to the shape of the heel and the lenght or sharpness of the angle means little.
I have noticed the "core" is flat based appearing in the cut away drawings I`ve seen. The boat tail portion is solid copper the same as the old solid base bullet they are now comeing back out with. (BTW great deer bullet in 30 cal IMO) This is different then the competitions, who`s bullets core is BT shaped to fit the jacket base.

The BT stands for Ballistic Tip in our bullets. All Ballistic Tips have a boat tail as do our Solid Base Bullets and AccuBonds. The Partitions do not have a true flat base, more of an angled base. We do make a true flat base in our SHOTS products for the Austrailian market. 22-50 &55's

Back