Nosler 2nds

Shark Bait

Beginner
Oct 6, 2004
I am a big fan of the Nosler 2nds. Can you tell me what differences I will see with them as compared to the firsts (i.e. weight, size, accuracy, terminal perf., etc.)?

Specifically the Accubonds, BT's, and Partitions. I have had good luck with them so would guess there is no accuracy or terminal perf. issues, but just cosmetic.

Most of the time the difference is cosmetic blemishes, scratches, fingerprints, etc. From time to time they are also outside of visual specs.

Irregular noses, or a slight gap in the nose. This doesn't affect accuracy or performance, it just doesn't look as pretty.

I love the factory seconds. I shoot them exclusively. When they are available in the caliber and style I want I order a mass quanity ( usually 500 at a time). As much as I shoot it saves me loads of money. I have never seen a difference in target or hunting performance...heck I can hardly see a difference most of the time from the factory firsts. I also like the bag packages as it allows me to see just how many I have without opening alot of little boxes.

Shark Bait, trust me, you will not notice any difference in the Nosler firsts or seconds.

I use the seconds a lot and have been very impressed with them. They are good bullets and are a good deal for the money.

I have shot a bunch of wild hogs with seconds in my rifles and they worked great every time. Mostly 25-06, 7 Wby Mag, and 300 Wby Mag.

The last groups I shot with the seconds were pretty good I thought. A five shot group with my 22-250 using 50 grain Ballistic Tip seconds measured just under a half inch. A three shot group with my 7mm Wby Mag using 160 grain Partition seconds measured 0.74 inches. Finally, a three shot group shot in my .338 Win Mag using 200 grain Ballistic Silvertip seconds measured 0.44 inches !!

I am going to Oregon again in November and intend to stock up on some more.
:grin:
RF

Back