Nosler 30 cal CC 175 Grs new shape. Potential design change?

rangemaster01

Beginner
Jul 19, 2012
Has anyone heard about CC .30 175grs new design? Pls. see below.

I am using Nosler bullets for very long time, I just have received a large order the 30 cal Costom Comp 175 Grs (blems) CC7153. These bullets are different from once I was buying before. As you could see on the picture the bullet is about .04" longer as well as its b-tail is also longer by the same .04". It looks like it is 190 Grs with longer tail but it weights expected 175 grains.

I was told that Nosler has recently changed design of these bullets and it could be a reason, but I could not find any information about it on the WEB. Nosler WEB site also has pictures of these bullets and they definitely have old shorter BT, while the same Nosler page has 190 GRs bullets with the distinctly longer BT.

If Nosler has changed design, I will redo my loads to switch to these bullets. However, if this is a reason this batch is sold as blems, it definitely would not want to redo loads, just to switch to the correct design after my next purchase.

If it is a new design, do these new bullets have the same characteristics such as BC, etc? Does bullet longer length or tail change alter any ballistic or other parameters?

Best Regards,
RangeMaster

Attachments

• 20150204_194847.jpg
    20150204_194847.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 218
Really can't answer your question; perhaps one of the reps can answer. It may be worth a call to Nosler to ask this question. Welcome to the forum, however. We're always pleased to see fellow shooters/hunters joining in on the fun.

Back