Nosler Accubond 110-grain .270 bullet

South Pender

Beginner
Feb 19, 2022
Can anyone fill me in on the main purpose of this bullet? I'm considering it in my .270 Win. Since it's an AccuBond, we have to assume that it's a hunting bullet (and not a varmint bullet), but the 110-grain weight in .277 diameter seems light for any species of big game, with its low sectional density of .205. Anyone here with experience with this bullet and/or can shed some light on this particular bullet?

That's interesting, 345kv. I wonder whether this bullet was developed more with an eye to the 6.8 SPC cartridge than to the more powerful .270s. According to QuickLoad, I could expect 3300 fps from the 22.5" barrel on my .270 Win. Will this light bullet hold up at shorter distances with the high impact velocity or come apart?

I believe the AccuBond of that weight will work on whitetail deer sized game with the extra speed. It has a tougher jacket than the Ballistic Tips. I would stay off heavy bone. You have a good point there on it being on the light side.

I don't know how they will work at higher speeds. But the box is labled 6.8 not 270 and they do have a cannelure for crimping.

I don't know how they will work at higher speeds. But the box is labled 6.8 not 270 and they do have a cannelure for crimping.
Yeah, that's a good observation. The label might imply that they are intended for the lower velocities of the 6.8 SPC.

Ah, I just noticed the labeling on Midway just now, it says 6.8mm for the 110 grain, it could be made for the 6.8mm then. I saw that the 130 grain AccuBond box says .270

They were developed for the 6.8 SPC.
With the bonded core, you should have no problem on deer-sized game. I wouldn't be afraid to use it on deer.
The AB has proven to be a consistent performer for me over the past 20 years on a wide variety of big game (antelope to bison), and has also proven to be one of the easiest bullets to work up good loads in and provide great accuracy. I have used them in calibers .257 to .375.

I was actually going to work up a load for them for longer distance whitetails (400-500 yards) out of my 270 Wby.
I never did try it before selling the rifle. I was working up a load with the TTSX 110 gr bullet and was getting close to 3900 fps and 1" groups just under max load, out of a 28" barrel.

As already mentioned, the 110 gr AB was designed for the 6.8 SPC. It would certainly work in the 270 Win but the 130 gr AB would be a gem.

JD338

I have been trying to work up a load for this bullet to try on whitetails. Only found 1 box and have a load that will work. Not the best group but adequate. Hope to give it a tryout this year. This is in a Rem 700 22in barrel. Dan.

Back