Nosler Bullet Inventory

I can only speak on my experience...
We all love Nosler bullets. They work well and have several offerings to fit almost every shooting niche`.

That said I believe Nosler has done absolutely positively the worst job of adapting to the current times.

Speer and Sierra aren't exactly knocking it out of the park but still have done a better job with production than Nosler.

The best of the bunch without question is Hornady. It's almost like they haven't missed a beat. They've hired more help and been more aggressive getting material for production.
Hornady has been extremely pro-active in these times and it's paying off for them.

Shooters are a loyal bunch. When they fall in love with a bullet the only way they'll switch is when it's impossible to aquire "their" bullet. You can only love what you can't have for so long. Hell that sounded like a song for Nashville. 🤣

Even answering the phone Hornady is on point. Hold times are minute if any.

I can't speak of the outliers like Berger, Barnes etc...

But ranking the big 4 solely on availability with no exaggerations...

Hornady far and away #1

Speer/Sierra
Notice they are several steps below Hornady at #2 and #3

Nosler #4

I wish they were all available and shelves chock-full o' bullets but that's not the case. Sadly!

I can only speak on my experience...
We all love Nosler bullets. They work well and have several offerings to fit almost every shooting niche`.

That said I believe Nosler has done absolutely positively the worst job of adapting to the current times.

Speer and Sierra aren't exactly knocking it out of the park but still have done a better job with production than Nosler.

The best of the bunch without question is Hornady. It's almost like they haven't missed a beat. They've hired more help and been more aggressive getting material for production.
Hornady has been extremely pro-active in these times and it's paying off for them.

Shooters are a loyal bunch. When they fall in love with a bullet the only way they'll switch is when it's impossible to aquire "their" bullet. You can only love what you can't have for so long. Hell that sounded like a song for Nashville. 🤣

Even answering the phone Hornady is on point. Hold times are minute if any.

I can't speak of the outliers like Berger, Barnes etc...

But ranking the big 4 solely on availability with no exaggerations...

Hornady far and away #1

Speer/Sierra
Notice they are several steps below Hornady at #2 and #3

Nosler #4

I wish they were all available and shelves chock-full o' bullets but that's not the case. Sadly!
Thank you for your post, I now believe you are 100% on target. Yes, we love Nosler, but the serviice has dropped off the face of the earth.

Thanks, will be fored to try the Hornady line this time....Mark

JAT, Hammer makes a good line of mono bullets and I haven't seen any in the popular calibers/weights that are not in stock.

I should have been thinking more about the type of bullet, as the Hammer isn't the same type of bullet by any means as the Hunting ballistic tip.

Again, not the same type of bullet but the 7mm 140 TTSX is in stock at Midway at this minute for $43.99/50 price if you are looking for that type of bullet.

Free shipping on orders over $75.

So, just where are the 7mm 140 grain Hunting Ballistic Tips in stock to purchase?

What is the problem of no inventory? Hornady seems to be able to produce bullets.

Regards,
I know where 200 of thsoe are located (two 100ct older boxes) and I didn't pick them up because I use monos.

If you think Nosler is bad, try Speer! Some of their bullets have not been available for over two years. (e.g.: .257 120 grain SPBT). When asked when they are scheduled to make a run of them you don't even get a response.

If you think Nosler is bad, try Speer! Some of their bullets have not been available for over two years. (e.g.: .257 120 grain SPBT). When asked when they are scheduled to make a run of them you don't even get a response.
Except for 30 caliber. They don't last long, but they've been popping up regular all along. I only bought 1 box in the last 2 yrs because I don't need any, but I keep tabs on them and the 30 calibers been there pretty regular on places like Midway.

For that reason alone if nothing else, as much as I like my 35 Remington, I will never be without a 308 or 30-06 if I can help it.......preferably multiple. You can buy 30 caliber bullets of about any weight and design, and have been able to for quite a while. Bullets like Speer's can still be bought for under $30 per 100. Meanwhile people are about ready to give up their left arm to be able to get at their favorite 7mm or 25 caliber bullet.

Except for 30 caliber. They don't last long, but they've been popping up regular all along. I only bought 1 box in the last 2 yrs because I don't need any, but I keep tabs on them and the 30 calibers been there pretty regular on places like Midway.

For that reason alone if nothing else, as much as I like my 35 Remington, I will never be without a 308 or 30-06 if I can help it.......preferably multiple. You can buy 30 caliber bullets of about any weight and design, and have been able to for quite a while. Bullets like Speer's can still be bought for under $30 per 100. Meanwhile people are about ready to give up their left arm to be able to get at their favorite 7mm or 25 caliber bullet.
I have likely enough .308 projectiles for rest of my life but buying the 7mm Ruger last spring did cause me some fits finding components. I mostly went with Norma as they actually had brass and bullets throughout last summer so I would buy monthly to get my stockpile up. I did get some Nosler 160 grain Partitions as it seems the only bullet they would have in stock. I should be set for quite awhile but it wasn't cheap to build that stockpile.

Not that different here in Australia. Hornady is smashing it. As for Speer, they started drying up a couple of years ago and I'll grab a box of 170 flat noses for my 30-30 when I stumble across them. We did get an injection of Nosler Ballistic Tips into the market just before Christmas but not Accubonds and I'm not seeing a lot of Partition's. I recently found some 150gn Accubonds for my 270win but at $116.50 for a box of 50, I have so far resisted the urge to take them off the shelf. Like many shooters, Hornady has become my most stocked brand and so far they have produced the same level as dead as the Nosler. My summary is Hornady is cheaper, better range, so far just as effective and importantly available. I would think that for most shooters, that ticks all the boxes.

I have likely enough .308 projectiles for rest of my life but buying the 7mm Ruger last spring did cause me some fits finding components. I mostly went with Norma as they actually had brass and bullets throughout last summer so I would buy monthly to get my stockpile up. I did get some Nosler 160 grain Partitions as it seems the only bullet they would have in stock. I should be set for quite awhile but it wasn't cheap to build that stockpile.

Yep, good for you on those 308 bullets. (y) I'm pretty much in the same boat on 308.....maybe not in any 1 particular bullet, but I got lots of 308. I'm glad I got the bullet stash that I do...........if I was to go hog wild shooting 25 caliber and 7mm I'd be lacking, but I got more than enough of everything else I shoot to keep right on rolling.

I'll second that Speer isn't very good along with Nosler. I emailed Speer's customer service back this fall looking for 44 caliber 270 grain deep curl for my 444. The response was they are making and shipping millions of bullets a day and just to keep looking , they are out there. Well, I'm still looking. I used to use the now discontinued Hornady 265 flat point, worked very well and thought the 270 deep curl would sub in nicely.

So, just where are the 7mm 140 grain Hunting Ballistic Tips in stock to purchase?

What is the problem of no inventory? Hornady seems to be able to produce bullets.

Regards,
Ive got a box of 7mm 140 gr BT's. What other 7mm bullets do you have that you might want to trade??

Back