Nosler M48 Honored

I would have left of # 4, 7 and 9 on that list and added the Tikka T 3 which s very popular here, Weatherby Ultralight and the Sako Finnlight. There are some good choices on that list not just expensive custom jobs which is nice.

...a Tikka T3 Lite or Browning A-Bolt in a WSM would both be a lb. lighter than the 700XCR, shoot better in most cases, & I'm not packing a rifle back into the ruff if the bolt doesn't lock down. I'd definitely take a Browning or a Tikka over the Remington or T/C...

I do love my Remington rifles but I would personally taken a Sendero even though it is a pound heavier and not a mountain rifle.
I would have also looked at a RMR custom just because of the quality in each of their rifles.

Blessings,
Dan

I see a lot of rifles on the list I wouldn't consider "mountain rifles" but I know one thing.... I love my M48. It's easily my favorite hunting rifle in the mountains or not!

I think I would agree with Gerry.
Glad the Nosler M48 made the list. The 280 AI would be my first pick for chambering and loaded up with the new 168 gr ABLR bullet.

JD338

I think they did the N48 an injustice by numbering the top ten...

Whether or not the numbers mean anything, in this case I don't think they do but they should have used bullets vice numbers.

Well, I have hunted the mountains for two years now with my M48 TGR and I consider it one of the best mountain rifles out there. I have had some expensive customs made to hunt in the mountains and some outstanding factory rifles for that purpose, and I frankly like my M48 TGR better than all of them.

I think it would be a GREAT mountain rifle and after seeing how well they put the Nosler's together, I would have a whole lotta pride in carrying a fine rifle such as the M48. While I am a huge Winchester guy at heart, one of those Legacy's would make an incredible rifle someday.

Back