Nosler Need help on a load for my 25 06!

varmit_master

Beginner
Jan 23, 2005
Hi i am new to here i have a new 25 06 and i pick up 3 boxes of 85gr Nosler BT bullets to load for coyotes a friends said that Reloader 19 would push the 85gr the fastest is this the truth i have a new Rem 25 06 with a 24 inch barrel i havent started reloading yet want to find out more i pick up a can of Reloader 19 powder and i have IMR 4350 on hand too will the IMR 4831 push the 85gr bullet faster than the Reloader 19 can you help me out with a load for this 85gr bullet what powder is the best to use for this bullet need help i am new to a 25 06 thanks VM :roll:

alot of different powders work well in the 2506. with 85 grain bullets i have had success with imr 4350. shooting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. reloder 19 also works well. with the heavier bullets i have had great success with h 4831 sc. imr 4831 also works well. the 2506 is an awesome caliber!!!

If you are new to reloading one of the best things you can do is to buy a Manual. Nolser Reloading Guide 5th edition is a good one. Looks like our benevolent hosts found RL-19 do be the fastest and most accurate powder in their 24" 10 twist test barrel with 85 grain BTs. Start 53.0 grains Max 57.0. Win cases, WLR primers Please start low and work your way up as chamber dimensions often vary considerably.
Good Luck that is a fine round to hunt with.

Hi DLJ i had the new Nosler # 5 reloading book But i didnt think i would need it so i sold it on e bay wish i would have kelpt it now i got the ONE BOOK ONE CALIBER for each of my guns but the 25 06 one was put out in 1995 and i hate it hope i can find a new one or buy another Nosler # 5 one did it say what the Velocity of the max was with the Reloader 19 was i would like to know please and thanks for the help VM :grin:

RL-19 was the most accurate powder in our testing.

53 to 57 grains, as always start low and work up.

Back