Nosler Reloading Manual #6.

It is currently being reviewed and edited.
My guess is Q4 of this year.

There is going to be some good updated information so
it will be worth the wait. :grin:

JD338

Hate to admit it - but I skipped numbers 4 and 5... Really looking forward to the new one - I promise to buy one! :grin:

Nosler really did a nice job on the RG #5, its my go to book. The #5 woould be a good reference book, not too late to pick one up.
The RG #6 will be even better.

JD338

JD338":2318jgdo said:
Nosler really did a nice job on the RG #5, its my go to book. The #5 woould be a good reference book, not too late to pick one up.
The RG #6 will be even better.

JD338

I agree on the #5, although it is conspicuous that certain calibers were left out of it, like 7mmWSM, for instance. Maybe they weren't available for testing in time, but the 300 & 270WSM were, along with the 7SAUM, which seems like they just didn't include my favorite short-fat. Small problem, but I hope they put it in the #6, as it is likely to be dead and gone by #7.

I'll try to find out what new calibers are going to be added to the RG #6.

JD338

Iagree, the new manual needs to include the Ramshot line of powders. I believe a whole bunch of us would be using more Ramshot powder if Nosler took the time to include them. The way they meter to nice, Ramshot is certainly a newer powder well worthy of inclusion.

I sure hope #6 has some of the older magnums updated with the newer, slower powders. It was lacking in the others. Someone just did not give a $hit and just used the old data, IMHO.

Guys,

Nosler was closed this past week for the holiday. I will get the scoop from them on Monday and post my findings.
Here is what I will try to get answered:

What NEW calibers- 7mmWSM, 7mmRUM, 7mmSAUM,

What NEW powders- Ramshot line

Older Magnums UPDATED-

Expected Release Date-

Any other specifics you guys are looking for?

JD338

Thanks JD. And, good luck! If #6 is due out within the next 1-3 months it will have already been sent to the printer. :cry:

wingnut":2j3ld8ej said:
Thanks JD. And, good luck! If #6 is due out within the next 1-3 months it will have already been sent to the printer. :cry:

I'm not so sure about that. The Nosler boys are currently reviewing and editing the data. That is why I said the release date would be in Q4.
Again, I will get the status and let everyone know.

JD338

JD338 has it correct that the reloading manual should be out this September. Ramshot powders will be added and so will a big batch of new cartridges. All of the WSM and WSSM cartridges along with the ultra mags and SAUM cartridges will be listed. There are many more cartridges that will be added as well. We have also updated the powder listings for our current cartridges.

Nosler3,

Thank you for the update. :grin:

JD338

Here is a little more information about RG #6-

Some of the new cartridges include 204 Ruger, 225 Win, 7mmWSM,
and 7mm RUM.
Powder selection will be from 5-10 different listings per cartridge. The 300 RUM and 338 RUM will have 10 different powders listed.
Nosler is pushing for Sept release. As you can see, there is a lot of new and exciting information /data in the RG #6.
It will be worth the wait. :grin:

JD338

Did they go back and shoot all the existing cartridges in the manual using the Ramshot powders? I would sure be interested in looking at loads for the 260 Rem using Ramshot's Hunter and Big Game so I hope that sort of update is in the new manual.

Back