Nosler starting to piss me off...

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
Another call to Nosler customer service today and it just rings and rings ...10 plus minutes. ..
15 minutes yesterday

I understand they're trying to get product out there ....

BUT...

This zero answering on customer service is absolutely absurd. All these businesses, apparently Nosler included, still using the Covid BS as some excusing crutch.

It's absolute nonsense. If they're that busy with production then hire more people. It's that simple. Don't give me the excuse of nobody wants to work. If that's the excuse then offer higher pay and watch them come running.

I'd be willing to pay more for goods if there was actually service. Some service. One ounce. Anything.

Nosler isn't some pioneer here with that 2 year old adage of "we're working as hard as we can to get products shipped"
Blah blah blah...
Yeah yeah yeah...we just can't find anyone to answer a damn telephone.
Many companies in many industries are using the same routine excuses. Nobody to work, can't get this or that, high demand....

Other companies find a way to overcome adversity without all the excuse BS why can't Nosler?

I do enjoy thr forum and I do love the product but right now the service....if the service was bad it would be a step up because right now it's just nonexistent.

I own a business and I know some of you do as well so I speak of this from an experience point if view. You adaot, adjust, overcome...but whatever you do you absolutely positively don't neglect. No matter what. A shocking day, week and even month can be understandable. I've got a suspicion this has been a theme for much longer.

End of rant.

P.s.
I do enjoy the forum so don't ban me for going on a rant.

I just feel Nosler is better than this...Mickey Mouse nonsense.

Not sure what time you are calling from but Nosler but is on the west coast, Pacific Time.
Your screen shot shows your calling at 3:15 PM, which from the Eastern Time Zone is 12:15 PM in Bend, OR.

What's the reason for your call? Maybe we can offer you some help here.

JD338

It’s simply Blue Oregon has crept over the mountains and is infecting the central and even eastern part of the state. The DNA of the pioneers, those folks who worked so hard to get here they buried a body per mile on the Oregon Trail, has been diluted to the point it’s almost unrecognizable. We live in a small college town nearer Boise than Portland, even here almost every business has help wanted signs. Hell they offer 18 bucks an hour and no takers. Our two major groceries stores, both owned by Kroger, can’t even keep the shelves stocked. Routine to find what you need in a box on a cart, in the isle. Both have help wanted signs on every door.
Bend, once the outdoor recreation jewel of Oregon, that’s why Nosler moved there, has become one of the richest bedroom communities in the state. It’s yuppy town on steroids. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit that Nosler couldn’t get a high school kid to answer the phone or push a broom for 20 bucks an hour.
That being said; I’ve called Hammer bullets a couple of times, always able to talk to someone who new what he was talking about. One time I did get put off a little “ Hang on, let me shut this off” I could hear the machine winding down, “now I can hear you.…
You would think they could answer the phone, but perhaps they do have a high school girl there and their system is flooded with 500 calls per hour wondering where the accubonds are; and they don’t want to install one of those iritating computer messages You are caller 400 kind of things.

A few years ago the Bend area was on my short list of areas I’d like to retire to. But their Politics are just as bad, if not worse, as Washington. It’s a damn shame too because it’s such a beautiful area and the climate suits me better in the winter. I wouldn’t really want to work after retirement but filling in or a couple days a week wouldn’t be bad. Just keep me in bullets and we’ll call it even!!!

Last edited:
It’s a hard time for just about any business right now, you see it from the fast food joints to the senior care centers, they are all understaffed and struggling to hire people. My guess is they are absolutely flooded with calls. Any Joe off the street answering calls would help, but They’re not selling orange juice, they need reps who know their stuff inside and out to prevent someone from getting hurt. All that takes a lot of onboarding and training. I’ll definitely agree that not receiving the kind of service we’re all used to getting is infuriating, and it’s hard to keep from loosing your cool. I think we’ve all been more than patient with businesses struggling, but sooner or later something has to be done to rebalance the scales. I don’t know if that “something” is up to government, the private sector, or both.

I agree - there is no excuse for not answering the phone. At the very least, you should get a recording and be able to leave a message that is returned in a reasonable amount of time.

There could also be access to a pre-recorded message about bullet availability that could address the majority of inquiries.

I'm kind of surprised that this is happening at Nosler.

I agree - there is no excuse for not answering the phone. At the very least, you should get a recording and be able to leave a message that is returned in a reasonable amount of time.

There could also be access to a pre-recorded message about bullet availability that could address the majority of inquiries.

I'm kind of surprised that this is happening at Nosler.

I'd be highly surprised if Nosler as just a basic business model, spends the day letting customers sit on the phone with endless ringing and no interaction or means for call back. It's more than likely this.

Friend of mine spent close to a mil in Bend last year moving his construction business. Only took him one season to figure out it isn’t the place it used to be. He high tailed back to TX.

Sorry for the bad service. Doesn’t do any of us any favors to have to deal with that. I hope they are able to make it right. And I agree, in that business if you cannot answer the phone you’d better pick a different line of work.

Friend of mine spent close to a mil in Bend last year moving his construction business. Only took him one season to figure out it isn’t the place it used to be. He high tailed back to TX.

Sorry for the bad service. Doesn’t do any of us any favors to have to deal with that. I hope they are able to make it right. And I agree, in that business if you cannot answer the phone you’d better pick a different line of work.

I called in this morning before hours just to test it. Got an immediate messaging service confirming who they were and what their business hours were PST. I called back during business hours and got a different voicemail with all the different menu options. I chose customer service and it rang maybe 8 times and went to a voicemail that I could've left a message on for a call back.

My guess is there is a problem with the switching on the phone service that depending what department you choose, it is not making the connection and therefore just rings and rings on the caller's end. Any modern company should have a voicemail set up for unanswered calls. I could be wrong but I suspect the problem isn't Nosler, the problem is they are unaware anybody is calling, or has called, because it's not being connected. Modern phone services don't just sit there and ring and ring when there is voicemail capabilities at a company like Nosler.

It's tough here, as well for employers. I do not use a lot of Nosler (now I'm going to get banned :p), but I am NOT willing to pay more. Component prices are already far above anything justifiable.

Perhaps an email to Customer Service letting them know you can't reach them by phone? Most business phone systems are VOIP (Voice Over IP - i.e. through the computer network), so something as simple as a configuration setting can throw a rather large monkey wrench into the works.

Hi 300WSM

I do apologize you weren't able to reach anyone. I've asked our IT department to take another look at the phone tree and how calls are flowing in the system. I do know they've been working on it recently as we're trying to upgrade some of our tech. We just finished upgrading our online contact system which will provide faster response times from different departments.

I'll private message you an extension and they should be able to get you pointed in the right direction based on your need.

ok moderators, now ban him for ranting... kidding. :p

Last edited:
Not sure what time you are calling from but Nosler but is on the west coast, Pacific Time.
Your screen shot shows your calling at 3:15 PM, which from the Eastern Time Zone is 12:15 PM in Bend, OR.

What's the reason for your call? Maybe we can offer you some help here.

JD338
Fully aware of the time difference.
I'm in Western Pennsylvania and make it a point not to call against thr wall of opening or closing time for them.

It’s simply Blue Oregon has crept over the mountains and is infecting the central and even eastern part of the state. The DNA of the pioneers, those folks who worked so hard to get here they buried a body per mile on the Oregon Trail, has been diluted to the point it’s almost unrecognizable. We live in a small college town nearer Boise than Portland, even here almost every business has help wanted signs. Hell they offer 18 bucks an hour and no takers. Our two major groceries stores, both owned by Kroger, can’t even keep the shelves stocked. Routine to find what you need in a box on a cart, in the isle. Both have help wanted signs on every door.
Bend, once the outdoor recreation jewel of Oregon, that’s why Nosler moved there, has become one of the richest bedroom communities in the state. It’s yuppy town on steroids. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit that Nosler couldn’t get a high school kid to answer the phone or push a broom for 20 bucks an hour.
That being said; I’ve called Hammer bullets a couple of times, always able to talk to someone who new what he was talking about. One time I did get put off a little “ Hang on, let me shut this off” I could hear the machine winding down, “now I can hear you.…
You would think they could answer the phone, but perhaps they do have a high school girl there and their system is flooded with 500 calls per hour wondering where the accubonds are; and they don’t want to install one of those iritating computer messages You are caller 400 kind of things.
Well said Don. I believe you're spot on!

I’ve had good luck getting ahold of the folks at Nosler but understand that they are understaffed. I have seriously thought of also helping out for a little bit at Nosler and taking my pay in components. Not sure the wife would appreciate it much though. It’s pretty sad when there are people much younger than me in this world that have zero issues with sitting on their ass and not working and I feel guilty for being able to retire after working my whole life and serving in the military. Disgusting!

Try finding 7mm AccuBond or ballistic tips. You would think midway would have every bullet option available. Nosler production is terrible. It would be like McDonald’s not having hamburger rolls. The most popular bullets and they don’t send any out. I don’t get it

Back