Now How Anal Is That???

usmc 89":kau3k6jy said:
Those are some sweet 20 meter groups you have there!!! Kidding good work!

Man, always a joker on board! Great groups you have there.

Jeff, you gotta show us some of the stuff your rifles are putting out, I know you being a Marine with hardware like that, they have to be good. Heck, being a Marine counts for at least .5 MOA! At least I think Joel, Guy, Mike and Brian will back me up on that! Scotty

beretzs":31h9qzf5 said:
usmc 89":31h9qzf5 said:

Jeff, you gotta show us some of the stuff your rifles are putting out, I know you being a Marine with hardware like that, they have to be good. Heck, being a Marine counts for at least .5 MOA! At least I think Joel, Guy, Mike and Brian will back me up on that! Scotty

What do army special force guys rate? at least .2 MOA!!! Right?? :mrgreen:

bullet":1klemb32 said:
beretzs":1klemb32 said:
usmc 89":1klemb32 said:

What do army special force guys rate? at least .2 MOA!!! Right?? :mrgreen:

Mike, do you REALLY wanna know what I think Army SF guys rate!!! :twisted:

Just kidding, but I am a bit partial... Kinda goes with the territory, but alot of my good mates are Army SF guys and there is no lack of chop busting when there is a Marine and Army guy in the same room!

Jeff,

I always carry a selection of pencils to the range. They are arrayed in 22 cal, 24 cal, 25 cal, 26 cal, 27 cal, 28 cal, 30 cal, etc. Twenty yard groups may show powder burns with the big boomers, so I use pencils. :wink:

DrMike":cw73p0kk said:
Jeff,

I always carry a selection of pencils to the range. They are arrayed in 22 cal, 24 cal, 25 cal, 26 cal, 27 cal, 28 cal, 30 cal, etc. Twenty yard groups may show powder burns with the big boomers, so I use pencils. :wink:

Nice, I forgot about pencils!!!

It is funny you mention that Mike, back in my days of pulling butts for our regular rifle range, if we had a mate up on the line we were pulling for and he was a shot off of making expert, but his shot landed next to the line, a good verifier would get that shot to break the plane of the line so it counted. Funny how a 5.56 hole kinda looked like it might have grown in flight!

It could go the other way if you were a less than good Marine as well! Scotty

DrMike":k7qt4740 said:
Jeff,

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DrMike":2gmfyyo8 said:
Jeff,

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OCDLF: It is really not a compulsion, its a way of life..... 8)

Long, long ago, when I was knee high to a workbench, in a shop of my Uncle's, he had a sign that read, "If you dont have the time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find the time to do it a second time?"

It kind stuck with me.... :mrgreen:

Regarding brass prep & loading, I have tried most of all tricks and trade secrets out there. Some I still do religiously, some I just did not reap the supposed benefits. Bore cleaning is another area of similarity to this subject, finds somethat works for you..

The key is I think, find a method that works for you that results in satisfaction... But always be aware that there are other methods out there that work for others. Keep an open mind, open eyes, & close your mouth, amazing the things you can learn.. :wink:

Rod

What, your crazy, where did you ever come up with that Rod! :roll:

Just kidding, that makes the most sense I have heard in awhile. You are so right about that. Scotty

Back