NV Sheep Hunting

blm389

Beginner
Nov 20, 2010
Anyone ever need help find sheep in Nevada let me know. These Rams are from last year.

Attachments

• DSC04208.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,299
  • SUNP0101.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 1,299
  • SUNP0100.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 1,299
Thats a beautiful ram. My wife and I drove down from Vegas to Phoenix several years ago and saw some desert big horns just south of the Hoover Dam. They were just off the road and we took several pictures of them. Pretty cool pictures you have there.

JD338

I suspect drawing the tag would mean beating monumental odds...

Great looking rams!

Last year a friend of my mine purchase one of the heritage tag at the Nevada Bighorns dinner. Spent 48 days scouting 25 days hunting. After it was all done end up with about 11,000 pictures from trail cams and my camera. As i go through the pictures I post some on here.

If I'm ever going to get a chance to hunt rams I think it will have to be in another state. Oregon only has a few and they are once in a lifetime tags. Those look like some great rams.

Beautiful rams...that will be the last one for me to hunt if I ever get the chance to try for a slam.

Man, that is a nice Ram. Never taken one, but it is pretty high on my hunt list, after I get a proper job! Scotty

Aaronsram-1.jpg

Pending SCI world record California bighorn ram - taken by my buddy Aaron a couple of months ago, just a few miles north of my home here in Wenatchee Washington.

beautiful ram. whats the gross green score. I would have to guess around the mid to high 170's.

Guy,

That is an awesome ram! Congratulations to your friend.

JD338

Green score on Aaron's ram was 191 as I recall. I haven't touched base with him about it lately, might see him later today though.

Guy

Guy,

Aaron did well with that ram. The symmetry makes for a very handsome animal. No doubt, the mount will be spectacular.

That is a beautiful ram, big old boy and as DrMike says it will make a beautiful mount!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an absolutely outstanding California bighorn ram. I hunted and guided for them in southern BC years ago. Definitely looks like a 190 class ram to me.

Love to hunt for a desert ram as per your photos blm389, but I think I have a better chance at winning the cash lottery than drawing one of those tags. :wink:

Back