Oct. 25th or 26th My M48 TGR will be shipped

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Yeah, looking forward to coming back from preaching a meeting in Vicksburg, MS and having my M48 TGR in 7mm-08 show up. I have gone over the break-in of the M48 that FOTIS posted and have some new cleaning equipment coming for that purpose. All ready have my loads for break in loaded. This will be a lot of fun. :) The last 7mm-08 I had (Custom Sako, shilen barrel) was a real shooter which is inherent to the 7mm-08 and was it ever a deer getting machine that was easy to hunt with. Will use 120gr Ballistic tips, 150gr Ballistic tips and 130gr Sierra Match kings to break in my barrel. Will be using the 140gr AccuBond for hunting.

Wow, now that is really something to look forward too! Can't wait to see the pictures of it.. Scotty

If there's a way to make time stand still, it's waiting for a new rifle to come in or waiting for a scheduled hunt date to arrive. Congrats on a nice rifle in a sweet caliber.

Mike, I'm certain the rifle will be all that you hope. Congratulations on securing a fine piece of American craftsmanship.

I will post pictures of it and the accuracy results after break in and yes, time does seem to slow down when you are waiting on a new rifle or for a hunt to come around. I agree, that the Nosler M48 TGR is a great work of American custom rifle work.

Nice! Should be a good one.

Question on the break-in bullets... is that just what you have on hand?

BK":2taqfvvw said:
Nice! Should be a good one.

Question on the break-in bullets... is that just what you have on hand?

Yes, that is just what I have on hand.

It should be a shooter. I hope that it is the rifle that you think it will be. Let us know how it shoots.

Oldtrader3":2ce2uvuq said:
It should be a shooter. I hope that it is the rifle that you think it will be. Let us know how it shoots.

Oh you know me, I will let you all know just how it performs. :mrgreen:

Bullet - I'm just a little jealous... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to your review and range report!

Back