Off the deep end...

Wincheringen

Handloader
Jan 10, 2012
I was off to the big city this weekend and had a few hours by myself. I figured I better stop by the gunshops, not that I needed anything. Cabela's was a bust, a few interesting things but mainly overpriced for what it was. Scheels was much more intriguing. I was thinking about picking up a Sako A7 Long Range 300 Win Mag instead of carrying my beast of a target rifle. We're planning a deep country Elk hunt this year. They had a few but the model with a threaded barrel isn't out yet and while I can have my gunsmith cut them, I felt it wasn't quite what I was after. They had a case full of Christensen Arms rifles right near the Sakos. A friend has one and it shoots incredibly well. I asked to handle the Ridgeline 300 Win Mag and it immediately felt like the gun I was after. I decided I better just take it home.

Well, congratulations! No doubt you will enjoy this rifle. Looking forward to results as you wring it out.

Congratulations on your new rifle.
The 300 Win Mag is a terrific long range deer and elk round.

JD338 the

It should serve you well!

I've shot with a friend here, who has one in 7mm Rem mag. Very accurate!

Guy

Congratulations, I am not familiar with that particular rifle but I do know that Christensen makes very nice rifles. I have owned and hunted with the 300 WM since 1970 for both elk and mule deer its been my primary caliber since I first stated hunting with it. . I believe it to be one of the top 3 or 4 cartridges for both elk and deer. I have used the 180 Partition extensively and believe the 180 AB its equal and preforms at long ranges slightly better. You have a great combination.

Very nice , you just steped into the "big leagues" and something to be darn proud to own. Best of luck with it.
Keep us all up todate with the performance!
Congrats.
E

I've got plenty of cool guns and very accurate guns. This is a seriously lightweight long range performer. Their website shows it being 6.3 pounds.

I have heard nothing but great reports about the Christensen Arms rifles. I am looking forward to your range report along with a few photos :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

I don't know what you paid for yours, and I'm not asking, but honestly for everything that gun has on it, you can't really beat the price. Plus the fact they've proven to be accurate and not just a fly by night Company that could go bust. I think you made a very good choice!

The price is definitely steep, but I feel like they earn it with the quality. Work got in the way of my range session today but I have some 175 grain Custom Competitions loaded up with RL22 to try out.

Took it out to the range today to do some barrel break in. They have tedious process but I managed to get through the first part. I got it dialed to 100 yards and it shoots pretty well for a start level load. Recoil with the suppressor on wasn't too bad, kinda like a 270. I really like the CTK Monopod, I was able to easily get right to the center of the target.

Back