Officially Disappointed in Nosler

Paul,
Has this ever been resolved? Sept/ Dec to change a barrel
On a new rifle.......... With an obvious upset and anxious customer. If their gunsmith is sooooo overloaded why haven't they hired another one so they can keep up with
their work load???
This gun should have been returned back to you months
ago. New barrel headspace set up and pulled up on your frame, test fired and back in the box (with a proof target)
The same day.......... The CS at Nosler needs to have a huge fire lit under their as#. Someone should remind them you can only ride their name so far! The make guns in Finland that routinely shoot 1/2"-5/8" groups right out of the box! This sorta charm schooled C.S. used to have a name years ago.........." Porkrind Outfit".
Like Dominion voting machines, there will be those that will try to defend this issue....... Heck can't we just blame it
on Covid????

It's been quite a few years back now but I had to send a Ruger #1 back because accuracy was terrible. It took seven months before I got the rifle back. The only comment on the form said, "The rifle is accurate." The old barrel had a deep scratch which was conspicuous by its absence so I have to assume they put a new barrel on the rifle. The rifle shoots groups that are much more acceptable now. I guess the long wait to get some 7x57 barrels in stock.
Paul B.

Goodness- that just made me remember. My 16th birthday present from Mom and Dad was a 20 Ga Winchester mod. 1400..... with a bad barrel. That went back to Win. for a new barrel and returned with a mismatched barrel and fore arm but would no longer repeat unless you were using "Magnum" dram loads. next time it wouldn't work Winchester said send it to an "authorized service center". They replaced parts on two separate occasions but never got it to repeat consistently. One other trip to an independent gunsmith who couldn't figure out why it wouldn't repeat either.... 15 years later, I broke an extractor when I tried to use to for deer hunting. I finally took it apart myself for the 100th time and decided that the barrel lock up was milled incorrectly. With nothing else to loose, I replaced the extractor and took the dremel and a file to the wear spot on the barrel extension. 30 minutes later, the offending metal was removed and the action has cycled without a hitch ever since. Unfortunately, after all the years of aggravation, a couple ruined hunts (literally) and utter disappointment for my Dad, the shotgun is strictly a safe queen I don't enjoy anymore.

Sorry to ramble...I had blocked that one out of my memory...but I feel your pain! NO excuse for what you are going through, DONT LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!!! CL

35 Whelen":4vxdmxba said:
Paul,
On a new rifle.......... With an obvious upset and anxious customer. If their gunsmith is sooooo overloaded why haven't they hired another one so they can keep up with
their work load???
ago. New barrel headspace set up and pulled up on your frame, test fired and back in the box (with a proof target)
The same day.......... The CS at Nosler needs to have a huge fire lit under their as#. Someone should remind them you can only ride their name so far! The make guns in Finland that routinely shoot 1/2"-5/8" groups right out of the box! This sorta charm schooled C.S. used to have a name years ago.........." Porkrind Outfit".
Like Cambridge voting machines, there will be those that will try to defend this issue....... Heck can't we just blame it
on Covid????

Christensen handled the return perfectly. It was in their shop for less than a week IIRC. Remington, even while going through bankruptcy, took 3 months. They let you know right up front that it would take that long. Both of those during COVID. This one is going to be pretty close to 5 months minimum. I have a hunch I'll have to nudge them again come January.

It's a damn shame that Tikka is handing every US gun maker their butts in terms of quality, price and performance. I thought I was doing myself and US gunmakers a favor paying 1200+ bucks for their guns when I could get 2 Tikkas for the same price. Sucker that I am. It won't happen again, and I'll certainly steer others toward Tikka in the future.

Paul Barnard":3efsencu said:
35 Whelen":3efsencu said:
Paul,
their work load???
Like Cambridge voting machines, there will be those that will try to defend this issue....... Heck can't we just blame it
on Covid????

Christensen handled the return perfectly. It was in their shop for less than a week IIRC. Remington, even while going through bankruptcy, took 3 months. They let you know right up front that it would take that long. Both of those during COVID. This one is going to be pretty close to 5 months minimum. I have a hunch I'll have to nudge them again come January.

It's a damn shame that Tikka is handing every US gun maker their butts in terms of quality, price and performance. I thought I was doing myself and US gunmakers a favor paying 1200+ bucks for their guns when I could get 2 Tikkas for the same price. Sucker that I am. It won't happen again, and I'll certainly steer others toward Tikka in the future.
Two Tikkas for 1200?
We pay that for one over here...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

They’re creeping up over here as well, but you can still get a Superlite from Sportsman for 750, and I wouldn’t wanna bet on many rifles outshooting one of them either.

You could slap a Tikka SL in a Manners or a Mickey.... and it would still probably cost less than a Nosler rifle.... and I’d bet dollars to donuts that it would out shoot it too.

I’m embarrassed FOR Nosler over this whole thing. They have to know they’re getting dragged through the mud ON THEIR OWN FORUM! There’s only ONE explanation for this..... and that is, they just don’t care. Period.

Songdog":3s6tk6qm said:
I’m embarrassed FOR Nosler over this whole thing. They have to know they’re getting dragged through the mud ON THEIR OWN FORUM! There’s only ONE explanation for this..... and that is, they just don’t care. Period.

I'm generally a pretty understanding guy and willing to extend grace to others that I'd appreciate extended to me. Both times I returned a rifle for work it was turned around in a matter of days.

But this level of CS is simply unacceptable, particularly without explanation, for a premium product line.

Songdog":2exq632c said:
You could slap a Tikka SL in a Manners or a Mickey.... and it would still probably cost less than a Nosler rifle.... and I’d bet dollars to donuts that it would out shoot it too.

A Tikka in a McM doesn’t suck and shoots exactly like you mentioned.

Reading this thread makes me glad that I have a gunsmith and if I had a problem with a gun he put together I can drop it off to him and get it taken care of.

We are now in the 4th month that Nosler has had my rifle in for repair. I refuse to believe that Nosler sucks that badly. Instead I choose to believe they are doing meticulous work on my rifle to make sure it is returned to me in top condition.

Paul Barnard":15usi8lk said:
We are now in the 4th month that Nosler has had my rifle in for repair. I refuse to believe that Nosler sucks that badly. Instead I choose to believe they are doing meticulous work on my rifle to make sure it is returned to me in top condition.

You're not serious; are you?

Hard to make up keeping a rifle through hunting season. I hope they got a big one while testing it!

Kiddin!

Feel your pain. They should send you a case of ammo for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine if I did this in my business. My customers wouldn't be so understanding.

Paul Barnard":1oborarg said:
Don't know why it's taking them so long. This is just to show how other companies are taking care of their customers. November 25th sent my Bergara back due to a feed issue from the magazine box allowing rounds to pop up and not staying in place. Showed received into the system for repair December 16th. Shut down 2 weeks for the holidays. Was returned January 16th repaired and works fine. Sorry you have been put thru the ringer. Dan.

Don’t buy Nosler brass
It was good when they worked with Norma on certain cal. now they bought cheap brass making machinery and making their own. Standards and quality went south.

Back