Oh Scotty I found you one!!

That would be a sweet one; but since I'm not really a collector, I'd prefer one of the new ones made by FN. Consequently, David, where is your '06?

DrMike":2dvs7rw9 said:
That would be a sweet one; but since I'm not really a collector, I'd prefer one of the new ones made by FN. Consequently, David, where is your '06?
Right here Mike, it's right here!! :)

You are forgiven, my son. My memory is getting short. Can't believe someone had a pre-64 with box and all tags squirreled away. Fascinating find.

DrMike":1j25g0ya said:
You are forgiven, my son. My memory is getting short. Can't believe someone had a pre-64 with box and all tags squirreled away. Fascinating find.
I know, and it's unfired! I completely understand that it would hurt the value to shoot it, but that is a crying shame that it has never been hunted before. Sad, just sad! They are made to be used.

Did you take notice of the price tag? $139.00, when was the last time you saw a new anything rifle that was priced $139.00?

truck driver":1ijd39re said:
Did you take notice of the price tag? $139.00, when was the last time you saw a new anything rifle that was priced $139.00?
I did see that. Amazing!

It shows how much the dollar has lost in value since those days. What a dollar buys today, ten cents would have bought in the mid-sixties. That is pretty sobering.

Wow, that is a beautiful rifle.

That is certainly a 30-06 I would use and love to carry!

Now, who has 3500..... :lol:

truck driver":265w9wiz said:
I saw that, too.

I have my dad's Model 70 '06. He bought it new in 1956; for $100.

It's seen a lot of action though, not near as pristine as the rifle in the link.

Sweet rifle.
Not a bad investment return either.
139 turns into 3500 in 40 years=8.38%
Maybe I better buy more rifles although I'm not too sure I have 40 years to wait on them. :grin:

Scotty, you should feel special all these guys looking out for your well being. David looking for 30-06, Gene looking for a 325. Wow. :lol: :lol:

Dwh7271":ay0sj61i said:
Sweet rifle.
Not a bad investment return either.
139 turns into 3500 in 40 years=8.38%
Maybe I better buy more rifles although I'm not too sure I have 40 years to wait on them. :grin:

Scotty, you should feel special all these guys looking out for your well being. David looking for 30-06, Gene looking for a 325. Wow. :lol: :lol:

That's what I keep saying. Rifles are investments. They dang sure won't lose money and they are fun!

Back