Old Man w/Buck

bmgillum

Beginner
Jun 20, 2012
Got this fellow about 0715 this morning

I had never seen him prior to this morning...weighed about 210 on the hoof...one shot with the pre 64 270...he only ran 30 yards before crashing...easy recovery...

Cheers/bg

Congratulations on a very nice buck. He should make for some fine eating this winter (y).
The photos are very good as well!

Blessings,
Dan

Congratulations! You did very well, indeed. He is a lovely buck. (y)

Did that magnificent .270 go through the deer and split that oak in the background?

Nice buck, nice rifle!

Bruce Mc":cztzrfgq said:
Did that magnificent .270 go through the deer and split that oak in the background?

Nice buck, nice rifle!

Too funny, Bruce. Likely true :shock: , but way too funny. :mrgreen:

Bruce Mc":7ps1xgrv said:

Nice buck, nice rifle!

Actually the deer ran about 30 yards and died in some bushes behind and to the right of that oak...a pretty strong storm last year was the cause of that tree's demise...

As for the 270...I am real pleased with it...this is the second deer I have taken with it but I also have a Weatherby 270 that I have taken a lot of deer and one elk with...

Cheers/bg

SJB358":2w1kal84 said:
Congrats buddy. Excellent buck.

Which Bullet were you running in the 270?

I was using Hornady 140 gr BTSP...that rifle loves Hornadys...

Hope my using different ammo doesn't upset the folks at Nosler...I use 140 gr Nosler Accubonds in my 6.5x55 and used that in Wisconsin this year...

Cheers/big

Sweet! I didn't know you guys had deer like that in Kentucky...all one seems to hear about is the Bourbon, ha.

preacher":2jwi3nka said:
Sweet! I didn't know you guys had deer like that in Kentucky...all one seems to hear about is the Bourbon, ha.

Mine is not a big deer for Kentucky...go to the Kentucky Hunting Forum...those guys are posting some real hogs...Kentucky has been in the top 5 states for B&C deer for several years now...lots of reasons for that but the primary reason is we have a one buck limit...

We do, also, put out a few good brands of hooch...

Cheers/big

Beautiful buck. The 270's sure work great for deer. My rifle likes the Horn 140 BTSP also.

Back