On the chain gang

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Don't think I've been more embarrassed. I hauled the trash off yesterday to the dump. Late yesterday evening there was a knock on the door and much to my surprise it was a Sheriff's deputy. Apparently I lost a bag of trash out of the truck and it busted open on the road and a lady's yard. I honestly had no idea. They used a piece of mail to track me down. Without hesitation I said I'd run down and clean the lady's yard, and I'd feel the same way as she. So I parked on the side of the road and turned on my hazards and begin picking up the trash. It was getting dusky-dark so the deputy pulled up and parked behind me with his blue lights on so someone wouldn't run over me. I've never felt more embarrassed in my life, and naturally a few people I knew drove by. I also knocked on the woman's door and apologized and assured her I had no idea I lost a bag. She was cool with it. Needless to say my phone has been blowing up with friends making chain gang jokes...I was outside this morning and I heard my neighbor belt out "I'm shakin' the bush, boss"......Small communities, and all. 😒

Back