One good thing about the component shortage.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
If you're blessed to have the provisions to shoot, the range is not crowded. The basis of why that is, is not a good thing and I'm not pretending it is, but I guess you can find a silver lining in everything. I've been hitting the range more lately and even on a Saturday I have it to myself. Couple pistol guys show up here and there but nobody on the rifle range.

I’m fortunate to live only about a 5 min drive from the range, about 1/2 mile as the crow flies. I can usually go by after work on week days and usually have the place to myself and 2-3 guys spread out across the different ranges. Being so close it used to be fairly common to be working in the yard and hear guys doing mag dumps with AR’s. I’d head down sundays evenings at sunset and pickup a bucket of 223 and 9mm…not anymore, I’ll hear sporadic shots, but no where near what it was. Somebody made a joke the other day that, with the price of ammo nowadays, homicide cops show up at a shooting and be like “he’s got $50 worth of lead in him, he must have deserved it” 😂😂😂😂

I’m fortunate to live only about a 5 min drive from the range, about 1/2 mile as the crow flies. I can usually go by after work on week days and usually have the place to myself and 2-3 guys spread out across the different ranges. Being so close it used to be fairly common to be working in the yard and hear guys doing mag dumps with AR’s. I’d head down sundays evenings at sunset and pickup a bucket of 223 and 9mm…not anymore, I’ll hear sporadic shots, but no where near what it was. Somebody made a joke the other day that, with the price of ammo nowadays, homicide cops show up at a shooting and be like “he’s got $50 worth of lead in him, he must have deserved it” 😂😂😂😂

About exactly the same for me. 3/4" of a mile by the way the crow flies, and little over 3 miles to drive there. Two ridges between me and the range so don't typically hear much gunfire from there unless somebody is really going to town or using big guns.

I'm about 6-7 miles from the range. Used to find quite a lot of brass then it dried up. This year it's showing back up but not the amount it once was. The membership has stayed constant most just aren't shooting as much. Dan.

Our local range is quiet during the week , on the weekend the young AR crowd shows up.

Those at my local range have not received the memo yet. I went saturday and every bench was full with a few waiting. Kinda like a barber shop. LOL

My gun club is 2 miles due north of me. I only shoot there if I want to shoot 300 and 400 yards. The club is very busy, mostly with 22 rim fire Precision Shooting leagues and matches.
I do most of my shooting and load development here at home. I have 100, 200 and 250 yard gongs.

JD338

I'd rather have a range full of shooters than scarcity of components and outrageous pricing

As would I. But there's usually something good to find in everything, and I guess that's about the only positive thing I can say about it all. So far this late summer/early fall, I've had the range to myself.

My gun club is 2 miles due north of me. I only shoot there if I want to shoot 300 and 400 yards. The club is very busy, mostly with 22 rim fire Precision Shooting leagues and matches.
I do most of my shooting and load development here at home. I have 100, 200 and 250 yard gongs.

JD338
I wish!

Back