Oregon Blacktail camp

Rogue6

Beginner
Oct 1, 2004
Here are some pictures of last weeks deer camp in the Southern Oregon Cascades. This is the type of county we hunt in. It's big county.

BanryCamp2006004.jpg

BanryCamp2006007.jpg

Here is the buck I thumped. 280 Remington CDL, launching a 150 Nosler Partition with 58 grains of H4831sc at about 2950 fps. The shot was probably about 75 yards standing off hand, slightly quartering away. I was wearing a blaze orange vest while hunting but had it off while working on the buck.

BanryCamp2006015.jpg

The photo below is my dads 4 pt hanging and my 4 pt waiting to get worked on.

BanryCamp2006033.jpg

My cousins 4pt that he killed down in an absolute hell hole. But that is where the good ones are.

BanryCamp2006039.jpg

Here's a photo of Gods' country.

BanryCamp2006047.jpg

Last of all the results of the week. The forky was killed by my cousins-cousin, the second buck is my pops the third one is mine and the forth is my cousins.

BanryCamp2006054.jpg

Fun was had by all!!!

Congratulations on a great season.

Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Regards,

JD338

Thats fantastic Rogue6, I hunted southern Oregon 25 years ago for elk and the terrain looks the same. Brings back some good memeries. Keep that spot a secret.

Now that is a pile of deer!!!! We were not so lucky up here (saddle mtn and scapoose units) of course you can't see the ground when your standing on it here. Hope ya get more next year.

Thank everyone, it was a great time. It was really a team effort.

Mike

Back