Partition HG in 35 Rem load

Mongoose

Beginner
Feb 28, 2005
Hi,

I fired three Nosler Partition HG 35 Rem loads that I had worked up into some wet phone books the other day and got the results that I expected for the Nosler Partition HG bullets. The pedals came off but the remainder (76%) of the bullet kept penetrating. I like what I saw, this is what I have seen from the Nosler Partition rifle bullets. :grin:

BTW...This load will be used for shots of 50 yards or less.

Partition35Rem1.jpg

Left to right:
The bullet recovered from the Doe that I took in 2003 @ 30 paces, using my S&W 686, w 8 3/8" barrel.172 grains 95.6%.

An unfired bullet.180 grains

One fired from the 35 Rem into wet phone books @ 25 yards.137 grains 76.1%.

Was fired from my S&W 686, w 8 3/8" barrel, into wet phone books @ 25 yards. 172 grains 95.6%.

Any thoughts on this?

Your right! There is nothing to think about! I have been given a lot of flack for doing this load by people on several forums.

I think that I’m going to be very happy with this load in my T/C Contender and my Marlin 336SC.

Thanks Nosler for making great bullets!!!!!! :grin:

mongoose,

The only thing you need to think about is sight picture. The PT will do the rest!

Regards,

JD338

what loads(powder) are you using. I wanted to do the same thing but didn't see any loads for it

I used Hodgdon H322 powder. Just so you know, Hodgdon changed their load data for the 35 Remington. They reduced the starting load by 20%. I checked load data from several reloading manuals and came up with a load that I felt comfortable with. I will not be posting that information. I’m not sure why Nosler has not published data for the 35 Remington since they have data for the 358 Winchester, 35 Whelen and the 350 Remington Magnum using the 180 gr Partition-HG. I wish you the best with this load. I’m looking forward to using it this fall for deer hunting. :grin:

Back