.Partition,regular style vs the Protected point

chola

Beginner
Jul 30, 2007
whats the difference if any between the protected point Partition and the regular Partition if any?....I have a chance to try some protected points,and have good load already developed for the regular Patitions,will anything change very much or can I use the same load in both?

Thanks in advance

The 308 cal 180 gr PT and Protected Point PT are the same bullet. The Protected Point was developed for use in the 300 Win Mag to meet the SAAMI COL spec of 3.340".
Both are great all around bullets for game.

JD338

thank you...that's exactly what I am loading for......I seat everything as long as the magazine will allow,does this sound OK?..sure works good thus far with Accubonds,Partitons and Hornaday..

chola":2lzte6wf said:
thank you...that's exactly what I am loading for......I seat everything as long as the magazine will allow,does this sound OK?..sure works good thus far with Accubonds,Partitons and Hornaday..

Give it a try. :wink:

Let us know how they shoot.

What rifle and caliber are you shooting?

JD338

JD338":2chdibfr said:
chola":2chdibfr said:

Give it a try. :wink:

Let us know how they shoot.

What rifle and caliber are you shooting?

JD338

Ruger 300 win mag..200gr accubonds, 180 Accubonds, 180 Partitions and 180 Hornadays...all with RL22 powder and Winchester LR primers....all loads have consistently produced 5 shot groups of 1.25" at 100 meters or better......I did a 3 shot group for .68"......this rifle has been the least fussiest thing I have reloaded for in a long time...kinda nice for a change

Back