pentax gameseeker

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
I am looking for a new scope for my 300 win mag and i am looking at either a burris black diamond or the new pentax gameseeker. Does anyone have any of these scopes? And how do they work for long range shooting? Thanks

The Pentax Gameseeker might be a bit short for eye relief for your .300 WM. I just got a Pentax Lightseeker SL for my .300 RCM, and I like their LS line of scopes.

How long is long range for you?

jim

HunterJim":1kg1bgku said:
The Pentax Gameseeker might be a bit short for eye relief for your .300 WM. I just got a Pentax Lightseeker SL for my .300 RCM, and I like their LS line of scopes.

jim

+1 with the aforementioned review.

HunterJim":3n2o4arw said:

jim
About 1100 yards to 1200 is long range and I will be making some short shots also.

Ah so, I would suspect -- without trying it -- that 1100 to 1200 yards would be a bit much for the GS. I shot a lot at 1,000 yds with my .30-.338 and a 20X Redfield, but that was all target work on a square range.

I have shot to 2,000 meters with a .50 BMG and a 10X Weaver K10 (of all things), but it was not ideal.

jim

without mentioning the intended application at all, aren't these scopes in two different leagues quality and price wise?

Back