Picked up a 6.5-20x44 Viper

atmoshpere":v7zbks5g said:
I would just like to note that it wasn't this brother :mrgreen: Leave it to the marine to get banged up on a simple bear hunting trip lol!

There is a saying that if you left a Marine alone in a room with a couple of ball bearings, they would be broke when you let him out! Scotty

+1 on the Nikon Monarch scope. I bought one last year from Bear Basin (2-8x32 Monarch). It always looked like I was looking through a Philippine morning haze everytime I looked through that scope. The contrast was really low and the images honestly looked as though they were in some sort of misty day or something, even when it was crystal clear outside. I posted on another forum about this phenomena, plus poor the scope's poor performance and was told "what did I expect for $300"?

Actually, I expected more since I own 3 Nikon camera bodies and (6) lenses, in addition to having owned two of the earlier (Japan) scopes which were pretty good optics for about an equivalent price. I also own a Nikon, Earth and Sky spotting scope with two lenses as well. I was really dispointed that Nikon would sell such a poor riflescope as their mainline product.

Back