Pics! We didn't get any deer on the youth hunt but...

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
My son didn't get a deer on the youth hunt but we did get to start doing some predater managment on our new lease. He did get a shot at a doe on the first day but DAD forgot to check to see if there was a cartridge in the chamber after daylight :oops: Heres what we did get though

95 grain BT from a 243 at 90 yards, in the left ear and out the noggin! didn't move much after that.
One of the other lease members got a hen turkey with a bow on Friday. and we saw another flock yesturday.

Cool!
I always like seeing father and son "teams" out hunting.
They are the future of our sport, after all!

Well DAD- you will always have a story to tell!!! :grin: Looks like some one was pretty happy any way! Hope you had as much fun as it looks. CL

It was a blast, and he's not even mad about the "click"! I usually check my gun about every 2 or 3 hours just to reaasure my self that there is a round ready to shoot, I just hadn't had the chance to do that with his gun yet BUT a very valuable lesson was learned the hard way and now he checks it about every half hour!
there is only 7 of us hunting on this 430 some acre lease and he is one of them so he will have plenty of chances. Muzzle loading season opens next weekend, and he's ready for that.

:grin: Outstanding! I've been doing a lot of hunting with my youngest this year as well. Have high hopes for a deer for him this coming weekend!

Regards, Guy

Back