Pictures of the CDS as promised.

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
As previously stated i sent in my VX3 4.5x14x40mm for CDS turrets.

I opted for the non stop elevation version so I can spin past 1 revolution. Here are the pictures.
Take note of the windage knob. Reads from 0-7 left and 0-7 to the right....ingenious.....

2011-07-14110231.jpg

2011-07-14110245.jpg

2011-07-14110257.jpg

Fotis, are those MOA or the true CDS? I like the low profile of them over M1 or target knobs, but I didn't know if you could get them in MOA instead of a custom drop for just one bullet at one speed and elevation.

Thinking one of these would be pretty sweet on my VX-III 4.5-14x40 LR.

Yes,

You have the choice of MOA or picking your drop figures.

I am getting a LR 30mm VX3 done as we speak.

My pending VX6 will be used as-is for a season, and then I think it's going to the Custom Shop for a #4 reticle next spring. I would be half-tempted to put MOA-based CDS dials on it, although I need to see what the pop-up turrets on the '6 are like first.

Very cool turrets.....

beretzs":3hdtu7g6 said:
Mountain Goat":3hdtu7g6 said:
What rings is that Canadian Leupold mounted in?

They look like Talley one piece rings to me. Scotty

That's what I thought initially, but the two sets of Talley's that I have are square on the bases, not contoured like the set pictured. These also don't show the tooling marks along the edges like the Talleys have.

Are there different styles of Talleys?

Good point. I don't know. They look like Talleys other than those differences you described. Scotty

...the LGS has a very good deal on a VX-3 4.5X14 CDS. What I thought I understood was you sent 'em back to Leupold after you had determined your load. Can you just have Leupold set 'em for MOA so you can use them for different rounds as long as you know the drop for the individual loads???

beretzs":2axcp8l8 said:
Good point. I don't know. They look like Talleys other than those differences you described. Scotty

I like the looks of these much better and want to know the manufacturer, or at least ask Talley if they can start making theirs to look like these. :)

Back