M77 Hawkeye 338 WM Range Day

Remington manufactures many fine rifles I have a number of BDLs & CDLs that shoot sub moa :wink: & they make left handed models as well :mrgreen:.
Winchester also make a fine rifle but unfortunately they are somewhat prejudice against left handed shooters as they manufacture very few Winchesters in the left hand version :(.
PS. Rodger it looks like you are well on your way to developing a great load for your newest toy (y). Thank you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

I do like the older ones better than the newer ones and the BDL style stock with it's raised comb fits my face better than most.

Thanks Dan it's going to be fun. :grin:

DrMike":24wo6uy9 said:
Certainly doesn't stir me, Rodger. I admit that I own a couple of Remingtons. They shoot acceptably and will even kill small game when handled correctly. :lol: Fortunately, I don't have to hunt with a bag over my head as I am usually carrying a Winchester. :mrgreen:
LOL

Nice shooting, TD. That should make a great elk rifle, even though it not a Winchester.

AFG270":gnvj4hsx said:
DrMike":gnvj4hsx said:
Certainly doesn't stir me, Rodger. I admit that I own a couple of Remingtons. They shoot acceptably and will even kill small game when handled correctly. :lol: Fortunately, I don't have to hunt with a bag over my head as I am usually carrying a Winchester. :mrgreen:
LOL

Nice shooting, TD. That should make a great elk rifle, even though it not a Winchester.
Thanks for the compliment. I looked at several M70s but placed a $1 bid over starting price and won it. It was one of those what if bids and I wasn't expecting to win but once I did I had to stop looking since I had spent the majority of my allocated funds.
So far it has worked out for me. :)

Rodger,

You're going to enjoy that 338 WM. With a proper butt pad, you will be fine with even extended sessions at the bench. I do believe the cartridge has received a bum rap concerning recoil. Properly fitted and with cartridge-appropriate recoil attenuating accoutrements, they can be a fun rifle from the bench. They will certainly do what is needed in the field. I like the Hawkeye design. It will be a joy even with extended sessions.

DrMike":26m2td3o said:
Rodger,

You're going to enjoy that 338 WM. With a proper butt pad, you will be fine with even extended sessions at the bench. I do believe the cartridge has received a bum rap concerning recoil. Properly fitted and with cartridge-appropriate recoil attenuating accoutrements, they can be a fun rifle from the bench. They will certainly do what is needed in the field. I like the Hawkeye design. It will be a joy even with extended sessions.

Couldn't say it any better!

DrMike":1jipwmh3 said:
Rodger,

Thanks DrMike,
Weighing in at 10# with the scope mounted helps some also with recoil. I knew it was heavy but who would have guessed since Ruger says it's right around 7.5# light weight but I'm figuring that's not for the .338 Wm since it has a heavy magnum contour barrel on it and another reason it shoots pretty good. :)

Back