Playing with the .375 Win Model 70

Guy Miner":3p4ci0gl said:
Or just 235 grain .375" bullets at about 2800 - 3000 fps... (y)

Now you're talking!

7mm Mags practically grow on trees and can be picked up virtually anywhere.... .375s do not.

hodgeman":1vve3kbd said:
Guy Miner":1vve3kbd said:
Or just 235 grain .375" bullets at about 2800 - 3000 fps... (y)

Now you're talking!

7mm Mags practically grow on trees and can be picked up virtually anywhere.... .375s do not.

+ 1

Guy, you have to much time on your hands.

Visit Hodgeman and use that 375 for a brown bear hunt, then go on a moose hunt with Dr Mike, then head further north and go on a muskox or white bear hunt with Cheyenne, then ask Jamila to take you on a Cape Buffalo hunt and maybe even a lion hunt. When you have accomplished all of that get back to us and let us know if you still want to convert it to a 7 mm (-:

Laughin' here!

Ya, well, I did mention I had a few things to do with it as a .375 first...

I'm pretty sure it will continue to exist as a .375 as long as I own it. (y)

Regards, Guy

Keep him on the straight and narrow, April! (y) I imagine Guy will make the right choice. :grin:

1100 Remington Man":39wlw1re said:
Nice shooting and that is a lot of gun. I am not a fan of hard recoiling rifles and not afraid to admit it.

Started my relationship with a .375 H&H in 2009 as I recall. Dang... I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's got a "big push" instead of the "sharp slap" of so many magnum rifles.

Not long ago, earlier this year, I introduced a lady to rifle shooting. She LOVED the .375 H&H! Didn't like my .30-06 so much, said it kicked too hard...

So... there ya go. Food for thought.

The .375 obviously produces much more recoil, but maybe in a more "user friendly" fashion? I dunno, I just enjoy shooting it.

Regards, Guy

Back