Please anyone with an A Bolt 300 WSM with BOSS!

Deeznutzr6

Beginner
Dec 14, 2005
I recently purchased a Browning A Bolt chambered in 300 WSM with BOSS, my concerns about trying to work loads and the BOSS on short notice has come to fruision. Browing has minimal data on the BOSS setting for this rifle and the data they do have is wide spread. They have one load listed at a number 1 and a load listed at a 2. I have been trying to work this rifle into a decent pattern and it is not happening.

What I have done is get the Nosler book and worked with the most accurate load data for IMR 4831, IMR 4350, H4350 Extreme and Reloader 22. I have some VV n550 on order which has been impsoible to find locally. I have been shooting 5 shot groups in each load starting with the BOSS set and 1 and I have worked my way to 3 in incriments of 1. My most accurate group has been 1.5" which is trash. The only thing consistant about the groups is that they suck! I know what your thinking,"learn to shoot". I can confidently say that is not the problem.

At this point I desperatly need some help from someone who has a similar rifle and might have some advice on where their rifle is shooting.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Derek

Derek

I worked all summer to come up with a load and Boss setting. I shoot an a-bolt with a boss (300WSM) . I shot all the powders you mentioned including n550. The best load for me was the max RE22 with a Boss setting of 1.8. I was shooting 180 grain AB, about 0.15 off the lands. I can get you specifics when I check my log. The Boss can be great, but also frustrating on short notice. I will try to follow-up.
Gun

I appreciate the inforamtion. What was the COL? I am not sure how to messure of the lans.

What was the powder chager? I have been shooting 67.0 Grains and it has not been the best, however, I have not had the boss at 1.8 yet.

300wsm
69G Re22
Win Case
WLRM Prime
180G Nos AB
2.880 O.A.L
Boss 1.8
4 shot 0.56

Load two: The one I hunt elk with)
300wsm
69G H4831SC
Win Case
WLRM Prime
180G Nos AB
2.878 O.A.L
Boss 1.6
3 Shot 0.47

Let me Know How you do .
Gun

One more thought. Take your time at the bench. These guns get smokin hot in a couple shots. Let your barrel cool.
Gun

Back