Please help me find mounts for my Vanguard

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
Hey guys I need your help finding mounts for my weatherby vanguard! I have the standard leupy mounts right now and they won't allow me to mount the sightron SII that I just bought from POP. They are too far apart. I'd like to get a picatinny mount of some sort, but the ones I have looked at are hundreds of dollars! NO WAY! Truth be told I dont like leupy's dovetail mounts, but at this point I'm open to anything. Scotty what mounts do you have on your vanguard?

Rod, I may have to get that mount for my M70 Coyote, I see that they have a 20 MOA cant. And about half the price of a Badger.

Thanks guys. I'm not sure that talleys will work which sucks cause I love them. I don't think the extended front is extended enough. I need a good half inch.

I have one of the Picatinny Weaver one-piece mounts for a Model 70 Winchester and like it alot. They also make one for the Remington 700 which would fit your Vanguard. I bought it from Midway.

Oldtrader3":jv5nou0g said:
I have one of the Picatinny Weaver one-piece mounts for a Model 70 Winchester and like it alot. They also make one for the Remington 700 which would fit your Vanguard. I bought it from Midway.

I tried to go the same route as OT3, but since the Weaver was backordered for awhile, I went with Leupold QRW bases. Those were pretty decent as well, but I do think the one piece picatinny is a stronger, more versatile set up. Remington mounts for a LA will work with the Weatherby Vanguards. Scotty

Back