Powder Valley and Taxes

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
This evening I had a 8lber of RL15.5 in my cart and noticed they now charge sales tax.
7FB03B88-F71B-4C28-8120-0379E682ADC8.png

Last order in April I wasn’t charged sales tax.

I believe if sales rise to above a certain dollar amount in a year, business must charge tax.

"On June 21, 2018, the United States Supreme Court fundamentally changed the rules for collection of sales tax by Internet-based retailers. In its decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair Inc., the Court effectively stated that individual states can require online sellers to collect state sales tax on their sales. This ruling overturns the Court's 1992 decision in Quill Corporation v. North Dakota. The Quill case prohibited states from requiring a business to collect sales tax unless the business had a physical presence in the state."

Taxes plus they raised their pricing on primers higher as well. Just noticed the small rifles went from $75 to $85.

Whoa, had not looked at primers for several years since no one ever seemed to have any. Guess the days of $31 per 1000 are not coming back in my lifetime.
Thomas

no tax here , but look at the shipping/ hazmat charge on this order I placed yesterday . overall at todays prices, I guess I still did ok , at a final price of $41.82 per pound .

P6180326.JPG

Back