Powder Valley has powders hurry

Thanks, you just cost me $125. Lol. But I've been wanting to try Ramshot Big Game for awhile now and haven't been able to find it. Now I've got 4 lbs on the way.

wvbuckbuster":2lx2vk2c said:
michsteve":2lx2vk2c said:
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product-category/reloading-supplies/powder/smokeless-powder/
Out of stock now. Dan.
They had some last Thursday that sold out in about two hrs. Sunday it sold out in about 4 hrs.

Looks to me like the industry is making a move to slow the panic buying by increasing prices. Loaded ammo on Midway as an example has skyrocketed to Gunbroker levels. Can’t really blame them. Retailers have to have inventory to turn over or they go out of business. Empty shelves don’t pay the bills. A box of ammo at $20 or $70 really doesn’t matter if the store only has one to sell.

Doni":6vvmujx0 said:
Does anyone have an idea when the shortage may slow down?

Best guess on my end is 3-7 years, and yes that is a big range. Manufacturer's are booked through the middle of next year and some are not accepting new orders. Back in Nov. Vista Outdoors owners of Federal Ammo, CCI and Speer among others had a year backlog of ammo worth over 1 Billon USD - https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/20 ... n-backlog/.

Don't forget their are probably 8 million plus new gun owners that need to feed their tools. Also about 21 million background checks for 2020 - https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/05/21-m ... un-owners/. Not all the 21 million background checks were for guns - silencers, SBR, SBS modifications also require the checks.

The times they are changing and industry isn't keeping up.

I know of several people who have huge stacks of ammo waiting for Biden to make a move on ammo so they will be setting on a gold mine . The price will come down when people quit buying ammo at inflated prices . When it is no longer profitable profiteers will stop collecting it and ammo companies will have a surpluse then they will not be buying up all the primers and things will be back to normal until Biden signs something .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I drove about an hour yesterday to snag 3lbs each of imr4064 and blc2 for my 416's. It was so nice to see they were priced at $28-$32 per lb, ive been used to seeing gunbroker prices. I did have to break down and get some magnum small rifle primers of gunbroker, but luckily brother went in halves on it with me. Sure wish it would end pretty soon. I honestly don't remember having this much trouble finding powder and primers under Obama.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't know but I've been waiting for small rifle primers to be available for over a year. I just checked my sources again and everything still sold out. I was hoping things had started to calm down...

desertcj":w6xrw17u said:
I don't know but I've been waiting for small rifle primers to be available for over a year. I just checked my sources again and everything still sold out. I was hoping things had started to calm down...
I feel your pain. I had to break down and get primers on gunbroker last week. Thankfully my brother was running low too, so we split the cost. Its ridiculous how much people are paying on gunbroker, and just bidding until the prices are sky high.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back