Primer pockets ,1st firing ?

Uniforming primer pockets doesn't take long, and is something I usually do on a long winter's evening when my wife is correcting papers or doing lesson plans, and the kids are doing homework. Amazon Prime movies on the computer, Bluetooth headset, and off to the reloading bench I go.

By the end of the winter I've got brass all in tip-top shape. Currently working on getting all my 257/7mm Wby brass ready for a visit to the annealing machine.

Ray,
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. You asked if what you were showing was ignition inconsistency.
I would think if u actually had that you would see velocity differences as well as POI on the target providing you are running your loads through a chronograph.

Don

Dr. Vette":362w4sx6 said:
Uniforming primer pockets doesn't take long, and is something I usually do on a long winter's evening when my wife is correcting papers or doing lesson plans, and the kids are doing homework. Amazon Prime movies on the computer, Bluetooth headset, and off to the reloading bench I go.

By the end of the winter I've got brass all in tip-top shape. Currently working on getting all my 257/7mm Wby brass ready for a visit to the annealing machine.
Nice !
I guess I'll have to uniform them when I have numerous firings on them.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

DON":2atme8vc said:
Ray,
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. You asked if what you were showing was ignition inconsistency.
I would think if u actually had that you would see velocity differences as well as POI on the target providing you are running your loads through a chronograph.

Don
You have an excellent point !
I do want a chronograph, but where I shoot and hunt is very unlevel ground.

I've been reading up on the do's and don'ts for the $100.00 jobers.

I'm thinking how to be creative with one , a lot of tinkering to make them work right.

Or I could drop $400 on a magneto speed.
Talking with you fine folks on this forum , I'm thinking I'm doing ok and I might not need one , until later if I just want to play.

What I've seen with my 56 gr of imr4350 at 50 & 60/80 yards with the nosler ballistic tips 165 gr is a nasty nasty boy.

To tighten this load up for maybe 200 yards just might make it !

It seems as though the faster they go the upset is faster and shallow compared to slower and deeper !

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Back