Primer removal

Redneck Ron

Beginner
Sep 30, 2004
There a safe way to remove primers that have not been shot yet? I reloaded about 100 rounds of 300wsm and I think I screwed up the sizing. They will not feed all the way into my rifle. That leaves me with redoing all the rounds I have started reloading.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ron

I would pull the bullets in those rounds, dump the powder into the proper can and then resize them all with my full length die. But first, you need to remove the decapping pin from your FL die expander button. That way you can leave the present unfired primer intact while you size those cases a bit more. Regards, Eagleye.

Eagleye":j7i38wvz said:
I would pull the bullets in those rounds, dump the powder into the proper can and then resize them all with my full length die. But first, you need to remove the decapping pin from your FL die expander button. That way you can leave the present unfired primer intact while you size those cases a bit more. Regards, Eagleye.

+1

JD338

+2 Although if you have a neck sizing die, it would save you having to lube and wipe cases and get you back in business.

I will take my my pin our of my full length resizing die and sssslllloooowwwllllllyyyy resize and check the over all trim length on one round to see if that fixes the problem.

Back