Primers for sale.

Hopefully this doggone component shortage, particularly the primer shortage, will ease up soon.

I've rather curtailed my shooting, though I've ample supplies of everything except small pistol primers. Those, I'm down to a few hundred, so the 38's & 357's aren't getting shot much.

Once again, I'm glad that I went into this shortage with a good supply of powder & bullets. Haven't needed to buy much. When they're avail at reasonable prices, I'll stock up on some small pistol primers for sure.

Where to purchase? I only trust places I know and have done business with. Or that my friends have done business with. That's as far as I'll branch out.

It's been so good to see ammunition, bullets, and powders coming into the local gun shops! Supplies of everything seem to be steadily trickling in. Except primers.

Regards, Guy

Brownell had CCI Match primers 139.99 yesterday, but all gone now. Somebody is paying their price. Dan.

I'm not slacking off on any shooting I want to do. I made a determination this weak, bumbling, inept excuse for a leader wasn't going to ruin any of my days in regards to this, and despite doing everything to make it worse, he's not. I'm fortunate to be sitting on about 10 times the amount of primers I ever had in my life. Already had shelves well stocked with bullets and powder.

I'll shoot however I want for this yr then assess at the end of the yr. If it isn't any better I'll slack off some. Not for me, but to make sure I can also help friends and neighbors out over the long haul, because many will need it.

Brownells has small rifle in stock right now CCI limit 2 so when you pay shipping and hazmat unless you have other needs it adds up to a price to high.

quantity limits and hazmat fees , cause the price to be so high I hate to pay it . I never paid a hazmat fee until a couple months ago . if I can't find local , I'll buy online to a certain price .

Was in a local shop yesterday, sure is encouraging all the supplies available. Just wish primers were coming in for everybody else. That's still the achilles heel right now. Prices were pretty good on some things. They had boxes of unopened Speer bullets on the counter. Don't know what those were, but haven't seen Speer's showing up at shops at all.

I spied and bought a box of 348 Hornady 200 FP for $48.95. They quit making those about a yr back and can't find them anywhere. When I go in there next time I'm gonna be prepared to spend more money.

I was in town twice this morning . first time the two gas stations I went past $3.99 for both . about an hour later , same two stations one raised to $4.19 . a 20 cent jump .

looking at the hazmat fee now , doesn't look so bad .

Back